Senior Database AdministratorAt Expression Networks
Expression Networks is still one of the fastest growing government contractors in the Washington, DC area where we utilize new technologies within the Electromagnetic Operational Environment (EMOE), Defense and Medical sector that affect our users on a national level everyday. We are currently looking for a Senior Database Administrator to work on a 100% remote position with our client who is located in Charlottesville, VA.
The Senior Database Administrator will participate in the design, creation, and maintenance of computerized databases. Responsible for the quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Works with management to develop database strategies to support organization requirements. Consults with and advises users on access to various databases. Works directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage. Directs the maintenance and use of the corporate data dictionary.
- Position 100% remote
- Minimum active Secret Clearance required to be considered for this position
- Mature System Administration policies and processes.
- Provide configuration management of testing and production environments.
- Install, deploy and troubleshoot COTS software, databases, and company's software applications and customizations.
- Support operations and maintenance activities for Linux and Windows platforms.
- Plan and execute software deployments -- including the analysis of resource data, implementation of upgrades and patches, resolution of operational issues, implementation of new products and technologies, load balance, and data storage administration / import / export.
- Assist in applying data modeling techniques to meet integration and performance expectations.
- Coordinate, document, and manage software upgrades.
- Migrate databases to new servers.
- Develop/monitor/report on key performance metrics.
- Assist in testing all application customizations to ensure functionality and data validity.
- Document application customizations; use the documentation as a basis for training curriculum.
- Monitor and apply the latest service packs for servers.
- Monitor and manage database security.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science, or related field in conjunction with proven experience.
- 10 years of experience as a Database Administrator, including demonstrable management and design experience.
- Proven experience with database installation, deployment, troubleshooting, and data migration.
- Proven experience maintaining production systems for external customers.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting applications running in both Linux OS and Windows.
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Any related certifications:
- IBM Certified Database Administrator
- Microsoft SQL Server database certifications
- Oracle Certified Professional
- MySQL 5.7 Database Administrator
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator
Expression Networks offers competitive salaries and benefits, such as:
- 401k matching
- PPO and HDHP medical/dental/vision insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Complimentary life insurance
- Generous PTO and holiday leave
- Onsite office gym access
- Commuter Benefits Plan
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Washington DC, Expression Networks provides data fusion, data analytics, software engineering, information technology, and electromagnetic spectrum management solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, and national security community. Expression's “Perpetual Innovation” culture focuses on creating immediate and sustainable value for our clients via agile delivery of tailored solutions built through constant engagement with our clients. Expression Networks was ranked #1 on the Washington Technology 2018's Fast 50 list of fastest growing small business Government contractors and a Top 20 Big Data Solutions Provider by CIO Review.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled