Datahub - Senior Software Engineer at FactSet (New York, NY)At FactSet
New York, NY
The Data Hub team is seeking a talented and highly motivated engineer for the role of Lead/Senior Software Engineer.
The Data Hub team within the Content Infrastructure department is leading the effort to streamline and modernize the way Content distributes first- and third-party data across FactSet.
You'll be part of a team working to build out a greenfield microservices-based architecture, crucial to the successful transformation of Content's data distribution strategy. Team members are exposed to the entire FactSet technology stack and are given the flexibility to rapidly develop and prototype solutions using many different technologies and programming languages as we seek to improve our cloud-oriented service layer.
- Leading the architecture, design, development, and launch of high available, low latency, flexible and scalable services.
- Significantly influencing our overall strategy by helping define features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
- Researching 3rd party products that promote service-oriented architecture in AWS and FactSet.io.
- Designing and implementing service data models, caching models and APIs.
- Promoting infrastructure as code and helping teams to shift to an automated deployment process.
- Contributing to Open Source projects that are driving the latest service architectures.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience programming in multiple languages (C#, Python, Go preferred).
- Strong experience in architecting and building multi-threaded, distributed systems.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience working with AWS main services (e.g. EC2, ECS, S3, Glue).
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Breadth of knowledge across service design both internally and externally to FactSet.