Account Executive - Device ManufacturersAt Finite State
At Finite State, our mission is to protect the devices that power our modern lives by illuminating the vulnerabilities and threats within their complex software supply chains. We do this by leveraging massive data analysis to provide transparency to device manufacturers and their customers - enabling them to understand and mitigate their risks before they are compromised.
Are you a self starting account executive that wants to sell one of the most innovative cybersecurity solutions to embedded device manufacturers? We are seeking a proven account executive that wants to partner with Finite State’s COO and Marketing leader to help build out Finite State’s commercial team. This role can be based anywhere in the continental U.S. and will be responsible for full cycle sales including outbound prospecting, managing a pipeline and closing deals. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about helping craft a commercial organization at an early stage startup, hunter mentality to create opportunity and be a trusted advisor to your contacts to help them better their software development practice. If you are high energy, excited about unlimited compensation, upward mobility and have proven expertise selling application security testing software, we want to hear from you!
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Full cycle sales focused on device manufacturers including outbound prospecting, managing a pipeline and closing deals nationwide.
- Creatively leverage events, email, phone and social media to generate leads.
- Actively update CRM and organized pipeline reports to ensure forecast accuracy.
- Present leadership solutions to help eliminate barriers to your success.
- Advise the Marketing team with events to attend, gaps in product marketing, etc.
- The role will not require travel initially, but will be expected to travel as necessary for prospect/customer visits and industry events when both the company and candidate feel comfortable to do so.
Candidates at a minimum must have the following:
- 3+ years experience selling B2B SaaS applications to technical audiences such as Engineering, DevOps, Application Security including titles such as: CISO, CIO, VP of Engineering, CPSO/VP of Product Security and VP of Application Development.
- Demonstrated experience selling $300k+ enterprise deals.
- Ability to create the go to market playbook while executing, shaping for what you think it takes to be successful
- Proven track record of exceeding quota.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment at an early stage startup.
- Demonstrated experience crafting creative approaches to engage new leads.
- Understanding an embedded device manufacturer’s software development lifecycle including tools used and challenges faced to be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Team player mentality with a passion for solving customer problems.
It’s preferred (but not required) that candidate have knowledge of/experience in:
- Experience at a hyper-growth startup including being an early commercial hire.
- Demonstrated understanding of IoT devices and/or embedded systems
About Finite State
Built on two decades of cybersecurity experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence Community, our team of experts understands the hidden risks in today’s enterprise networks, where IoT vulnerabilities are quickly becoming the entry point of choice for cyber attacks.
Finite State gives cyber defenders a tactical advantage by identifying the devices running on the network and proactively analyzing firmware buried inside the IoT devices for hidden vulnerabilities. We have a sense of duty to protect the critical infrastructure we rely on including medical devices, power grids and telecommunication networks. We were founded in 2017 in Columbus, Ohio.
At Finite State, we are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salary, equity, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability and life-insurance), 401k plan and unlimited PTO, because we believe it is important to unplug and recharge.
Come help us solve one of the biggest problems in cyber security!
Finite State is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Finite State prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Finite State conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.