People Operations AssociateAt First Boulevard
Join a company that was founded to make an impact! Bring your passion and People Ops skills to help build and retain a great team!
The People Operations Associate will work collaboratively with the People Operations Manager to administer the daily functions of the People Operations department. This role is critical to improving and implementing the new hire onboarding process, managing human resources information systems and files, being the point of contact for providing information about benefits and company policies to team members, assisting with recruiting efforts, and participating in the creation and maintenance of amazing company culture.
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked and underserved, the Black community's $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
- 17% Black Americans do not have a bank account.
- The disparity in average net worth between black families and white families in America is $153,000.
- Incumbent banks require on average an additional $245 in deposit minimums for Black Americans to avoid fees.
- Black families are being underserved and overcharged by incumbent banks.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Implements new hire onboarding and improves the process based on new employee feedback.
- Creates and implements employee recognition programs and other programs to build a positive, inclusive culture in consideration of the company's DEIB initiatives.
- Purchases equipment and supplies for team members as needed.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Facilitates the hiring of qualified job candidates by assisting the recruiting team to prepare job descriptions, interview questions, assessments, and other related materials.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute People Operations programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Researches and maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law, making recommendations to the department as needed to update any policies or practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to succeed in a sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Google Workspace or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- HR certification preferred.
- Startup experience preferred.
- At least one year of human resources management experience preferred.
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we're looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employees, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.