Senior Social Media ManagerAt First Boulevard
The Senior Social Media Manager is responsible for developing and executing the Company's social media strategy.
First Boulevard is a modern financial technology company building generational wealth for Black America. Though unbanked, underbanked and underserved, the Black community's $1.4 trillion in annual economic impact provides a significant base to build upon. By providing a platform focused on improving financial livelihood through incentive-based financial education, Black-focused spending and automated wealth building, First Boulevard helps members remove the stress from managing their money while also developing positive financial behaviors and habits to reach goals faster.
- 17% Black Americans do not have a bank account.
- The disparity in average net worth between black families and white families in America is $153,000.
- Incumbent banks require on average an additional $245 in deposit minimums for Black Americans to avoid fees.
- Black families are being underserved and overcharged by incumbent banks.
What you will do at First Boulevard:
- Creates actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and LinkedIn.
- Oversees the creation and implementation of the monthly editorial calendar which includes brand objectives and initiatives.
- Ensures brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology.
- Manages our online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement.
- Responds to comments on each of our accounts and manages outbound engagement.
- Provides occasional customer service support via social media post launch.
- Coordinates execution of influencer campaigns.
- Develops social media posting cadence and guidelines for influencers and celebrity ambassadors.
- Creates weekly reports on social media KPIs.
- Curates an innovative social media platform aesthetic.
- Champions the brand vision and mission throughout all social media platforms.
- Natural enthusiasm for pop culture and ability to leverage trends on social media to grow platforms.
- Experience with social media platforms, particularly Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot.
- Basic understanding of social media content creation tools including Instagram Reels and Canva.
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content.
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater unique social media campaigns to capture their attention.
- Outstanding copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to master production processes and adapt to changes.
- Ability to work independently in a low-structure environment; comfortable with ambiguity but also proactively seeks guidance when appropriate.
- Positive attitude and team orientation.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of social media management experience.
- Startup experience.
- Fintech experience.
- Experience in a creative field.
- Thrives in an unstructured environment and comfortable establishing and building structure.
- Digital Community Building experience.
***WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION QUESTIONS IN FULL IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE***
Why join the First Boulevard team?
First Boulevard is working hard to build generational wealth for our Black community. We are here to make a big impact, and we're looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Work for a company that walks their talk! Our team members enjoy competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including:
- High-quality, comprehensive Aetna medical plans. The company pays 100% insurance premiums for employee-only plans, and 75% of premiums for spouse and family plans.
- Dental and vision insurance.
- Meaningful equity via stock options.
- Flexible vacation plan and 10 paid holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Advancement opportunities with a fast-growing company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.