Principal Technical Product Manager (Payments)At Fivestars
Principal Technical Product Manager (Payments)
Fivestars is America’s largest local commerce network, driving over $3 billion of sales and 100 million transactions annually. Our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. We offer an all-in-one payments, loyalty and marketing automation platform that brings more customers to local businesses. Founded in 2011, Fivestars is backed by Lightspeed, DCM, Menlo Ventures, HarbourVest, and others. Together, let’s #LoveLocal.
For more information visit: www.fivestars.com.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who is excited to lead the execution of our payment products at Fivestars. The ideal candidate approaches her craft with the humility of a true artist and the passion of a great maker.
The candidate will bring a depth of functional (product management) and subject matter (SMB, payments, partner integrations) knowledge and experience as well as a proven track record of shipping fantastic products.
Upon coming on board, you’ll be joining and fostering a culture of making, testing and learning. You will be part of a group of highly collaborative, iterative, non-political and curious makers that are excited by creating new and innovative solutions to our user’s problems.
What you’re going to do:
- Lead the strategy, road mapping, prioritization, development, and execution of our payments and integration products at Fivestars
- Translate company goals into a clear product strategy
- Own company-level OKRs for those products
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, analytics, marketing, and other product teams to create great customer experiences
- Use customer research and data analysis to prioritize needs across the company
- Communicate product vision to senior management and various stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
- Understands payments: 5+ years of shipping and scaling payment products (First Data preferred).
- Breathes the developer experience: Loves to explore new product experiences based on the latest APIs
- Metrics-oriented: The ability to understand what metrics matter to build a rock-solid payments platform for our merchants
- Humble and collaborative: Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Clear communicator: The ability to communicate concisely and convincingly in a way that demonstrates clarity of underlying thought.
- Missionally aligned: Passion about solving problems that help the small business community thrive
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or other applicable protected categories. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.