Senior Product DesignerAt Fixer
Fixer is revolutionizing the way home repair happens. We're on a mission to create great careers in the trades for a diverse population — and we need a solid consumer product to fuel it all. We are a small and mighty team, looking for another problem-solver who is able to move from collecting user feedback, to designing prototypes, to implementing front-end code all in the same day. In 2021 we've opened up 3 new markets and we've got more in the making. It's an exciting time to join us.
You're a User Experience Designer with a bent for constant optimization. At Fixer, that means you're an analytical and creative designer who is able to discover and interpret user insights, using them to enhance our product experience. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential.
Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract, convert, and retain more customers. This will involve some big design changes, and many, many small ones.
- Something like 70% UX Designer and 30% Front-End Developer
- Excited about improving conversion
- Curious and analytical, through a consumer-centric lens
- Great at prioritizing your time. We move fast and sometimes leave fires burning in the corner because of it
- Good at working remotely, and as a member of a team. You can be located anywhere, as long as your hours can mostly overlap with Central Time. You must be authorized to work in the US. We'd love to see you in-person at least a few times a year, when the world allows for it to happen safely.
- Compensation based on a salary report for companies our size in our hometown of Chicago, IL. Available upon request.
- Health/dental/vision insurance, competitive PTO, paid parental leave, retirement benefits & equity options
- The feel-goods of working at a mission-driven company
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We're not perfect, but we are committed. Ask about our goals.
Fixer is an on-demand handyperson service. We have fixed the broken process of booking timely, high-quality home repairs. Customers tell us what they need done, and pick a time that works for them. We instantly book the appointment and assign a skilled employee to get the entire list done, scheduled or same-day.
The key to our business is that our Fixers are W-2 employees with benefits. We're on a mission to find and train women, people, and men in the skilled trades and create sustainable long-term careers. This enables us to deliver consistency, quality, and safety in a way not achievable by traditional marketplaces. Our in-house training center gives us a huge advantage in a labor-constrained industry.
Fixer was launched by a highly experienced and successful team. We wanted to combine our expertise in marketplaces, consumer branding, operations, and technology to innovate in a new industry. We picked trades because they have been slow to innovate, and we think we know why: The trades have ignored diverse populations for… Well, forever. We aim to be a trade school disguised as a startup. Our goal is to reboot trade education in the United States. Which is, of course, a ridiculous goal.