Performance Media StrategistAt Flashfood
North America only
Performance Media Strategist
Did you know that 30-40% of the food that is produced around the world ends up in landfills?
Who We Are:
At Flashfood, we are on a mission to eliminate retail food waste and feed people good food more affordably. We are tackling this gigantic problem together with a team that believes in authenticity, perseverance, and humility.
Flashfood is an app-based marketplace of discounted food nearing its best by date. Shoppers browse deals, buy on the app and pick up directly from local grocers. Flashfood offers communities access to delicious food at consistently low prices, food that would otherwise be at risk of becoming food waste. And customers are obsessed!
Sustainability is of growing importance for grocers, and Flashfood provides a scalable way for supermarket operators to reduce “shrink.” We’ve partnered with Loblaws across Canada and have a growing roster of partners in the US, including Meijer, The GIANT Company and Tops Friendly Markets.
Our team comes from a variety of different industries and backgrounds like management consulting, finance, and tech. But we decided it was time to do something different - something that would create a better world for future generations!
Our casual and collaborative culture makes us who we are. We have a passion for supporting our community, and that starts with empowering our people. Our small but mighty team of 65+ is growing - your next adventure is here!
Who You Are
You’re a data-driven paid media buyer who loves solving big problems with great systems. You’ve honed your skills in the past couple of years running DTC campaigns for a brand, agency or as a solo practitioner, and are looking for a place to grow and use your powers for good.
A hands-on ad strategist, you understand how important technical skills are to success. You love to stay on top of the latest industry news and your recently played podcasts include the latest on TikTok and attribution in an iOS 14 world.
Most important of all, you care about people. You’re one hell of a teammate and a good day’s work is made great by an opportunity to help out a colleague. You care about ethics and want to run ads for a company that’s really making a difference in the world.
What You Will Do
You’ll own Flashfood’s paid strategy, getting affordable food to more people and reducing food waste by driving shopper acquisition through performance marketing activity on major digital platforms including social, paid search, display and CPI-based channels.
- Create an audience-focused growth strategy to drive awareness, acquisition, purchases, and user retention through the use of paid programs
- Plan, structure and perform media buys directly through self-serve platforms and through our performance agency partner
- Explore new channels for potential growth, including both performance channels and other top of funnel digital opportunities
- Analyze business performance across geographic markets and customer segments; optimizing and driving adjustments to paid strategy and spend accordingly
- Design tests and growth experiments to drive incremental performance improvement across channels
- Drive approach to reporting, perform in-depth analysis on campaign performance and provide clear recommendations
- Mentor junior colleagues and influence the structure of our performance marketing function as we grow
What You Will Need
This opportunity is less about years of experience and formal education, and more about skills and approach. If you think you’d be a great fit, don’t hesitate to apply, regardless of where you are in your career journey.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Proven experience building and running digital campaigns at scale and responsible for significant media budgets on Google, Apple Search, Display & Video 360, Facebook Power Editor, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, etc.
- Experience with attribution platforms and MMPs (i.e. AppsFlyer, Branch, etc.)
- Experience with mobile acquisition strategies and best practices, including custom audiences, lookalikes, etc.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally, working with designers, product managers and developers
- Experience planning and running growth experiments (terms like CTR, LTV, CPATC are part of your core vocabulary)
- A proven ability to operate as a full-stack technical performance marketer, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to make it happen
- Strong analytics expertise to bring forward insights and trends in a way that’s clear and concise with an application for the future
- A Bachelor’s Degree or evidence of proficiency in math, statistics, engineering, computer science or business is an asset (took some MOOC courses through Coursera? That’ll do nicely)
- A passion for reducing waste, fighting climate change and making good food more affordable
- Competitive base salary
- Company-wide performance bonus
- Casual and remote-friendly work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Meeting-Free Oasis on Wednesdays
- Team events (virtual friendly)
- Professional development opportunities - $1,000/year
- Work from Home subsidy
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Monthly Flashfood credits
- Extra-long weekends April to September
Flashfood is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Please advise should you need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process. All your information will be treated confidentially.