Senior API EngineerAt Fleetio
USA, Canada, and Mexico
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market, and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We recently raised a $21M Series B round and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can learn more about it here.
Our Platform Engineering team is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer who loves designing, building, and scaling APIs. We are passionate about providing a good developer experience with a well-designed and documented API. Check out our API at - https://developer.fleetio.com/. This role will directly impact our customers, our engineers, and ultimately on our business by ensuring our APIs are highly available, consistent, scalable, and well-documented.
This is a remote role and is open to candidates based in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
You will join our Platform Engineering team with a focus on our Internal and External API services. You will be tasked with both maintaining our existing APIs and creating new solutions to help bring unification to our API (web, mobile, external, and webhooks). In addition, you will collaborate with product engineers to ensure solutions are maintainable, usable, scalable, and well-documented.
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012). #LI-REMOTE
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to get code into our production environments easily, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week. Learn more about our Engineering Team and interview process here.
Our main goal as Platform Engineers is to ensure a high-performing, reliable platform for our customers and provide top-notch infrastructure, CI/CD pipeline, and tools necessary for our engineers to be productive and focus on creating value.
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails or a similar web framework
- Deep experience designing and architecting RESTful APIs
- History of reshaping and scaling existing APIs
- Ability to work with distributed teams, understand different needs, and grow API's accordingly
- Solid understanding of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills + a passion for providing clear documentation for end-users
- Effective at code review and identifying potential performance problems before they reach production
- Experience with APM tools
- CI/CD Pipeline
- Security and Compliance
- 100% coverage of employee health and dental insurance (50% family)
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock options
- Vision, STD & LTD
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO, Company Holidays & Floating Holiday
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Community service funds
- Mac laptop
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Remote working friendly since 2012
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing email@example.com.