Data Product ManagerAt Flipside Crypto
Data Product Manager
Flipside Crypto is looking for a Data Product Manager to join our product team, working closely with Analytics to help define, prioritize, build, and maintain highly curated, intelligible blockchain data models for our community. Our data is our most highly-utilized asset, and this person will play a key role in producing high-quality data for use in tooling by our Data Science teams and our community bounty program.
Our ideal product manager will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous start-up environment in which individuals are empowered to think creatively and be proactive. They operate well in close partnership with data-focused teams and have held a role as a data analyst or data scientist in the past. This is a perfect role for a business-oriented data scientist who wants to accelerate, or even transform, their career into product management. This position will report to the Sr Director of Product Management. They will work directly with the Analytics team and collaborate often with Data Science and Engineering.
Flipside enables blockchain communities to develop analytics on behalf of the protocols they support. Success in this position requires the employee to have a passion for the blockchain and crypto market, as well as experience with crypto (either as a personal passion or professional career.)
What will you do?
- Plan and prioritize efforts for the Analytics team based on your knowledge of business priorities, customer needs, and analytics capabilities
- Design an iterative launch process aimed to delight our customers with ever-increasing data quality standards
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing curated blockchain data sets
- Improve your data products and user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains through metrics that you will define
- Be the expert on community data needs & usage; translate those needs into actionable problems to be solved
- Collaborate with the wider product team to learn and grow; facilitate knowledge sharing about product processes, our community, and the crypto ecosystem
- Lots of experimentation! This is a startup, so everything can (and will) change.
- 2+ years of experience as a data analyst or data scientist
- 1+ years of experience in product management is desired, but not a strict requirement. If a candidate has not held a formal product role, they will be asked to demonstrate previous experience managing complex projects as well as business-oriented thinking.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with business owners and product management to define key business questions and to work with analytics to define data sets that answer those questions
- Familiarity with SQL and experience with database modeling or API design
- Comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Understanding of the data ecosystem: It is essential that this role has an understanding of a broad range of topics required to run a data product. This includes experience establishing data quality standards, ID mapping, data governance, and reporting.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for using emerging technology and data to solve unmet user needs
- Comfortable and confident in a remote work setting.
- Blockchain/crypto experience is required in either a personal/hobbyist or professional setting.
We welcome all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Flipside Crypto empowers crypto communities to create and share data-driven insights on the projects they care most about. Flipside powers Community-Enabled Analytics, which uses a bounty program to incentivize on-demand insights based on feedback from the protocol and community participants. CEA provides fully pre-modeled and labeled data, a SQL interface for data queries. Community members can use our dashboard and visualization tools to easily share insights, or leverage auto-generated API endpoints to build whatever they can imagine.
Flipside customers include FLOW, NEAR, Terra, Algorand, CELO, Compound, Alchemix and many others. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it's backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures (a venture capital fund affiliated with FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments) and other investors.