Lendi is looking for an experienced Team Lead to lead and manage one of our product teams. In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australian homeowners transparency, simplicity, and convenience in their home loan experience.
Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be a valued member of our engineering team. We value evidence-backed opinions and will have the opportunity to play an integral part in driving the engineering team’s rhythm, culture, and processes with opportunities in planning and resource allocation, architecture and design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Driving strong agile practices in the team
- Managing a small and talented team of engineers
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Building full-stack, robust, scalable software as a key member of our engineering team
- Developing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional agile team
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in written form
- Writing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines
- Helping to drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, resource allocation, design, coding, deployment, and support
What you’ll bring:
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Previous experience in the management of a small number of engineers
- Strong experience in React and associated technologies
- Strong experience in NodeJS, Typescript, and associated technologies
- Strong understanding of event-driven systems (Kafka)
- Experience in containerization (Docker)
- Strong understanding of Microsites and Microservices patterns
- RESTful Services experience and the ability to define swagger contracts with other teams
- Demonstrated belief in TDD unit, integration, performance, and end-to-end (functional) tests
- A strong grasp on best practice and the ability to guide and mentor other members of the team
- A passion for building automated, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications
- A “you build it, you own it” mentality
- The ability to work productively as part of an agile team
- A desire to continually improve the way in that you and your teamwork
- Proficient understanding of Git and code management tools (one of; Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.)
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with your team, managers, and stakeholders
- A positive can-do attitude
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
- Experience building a design system
- Experience with static site generators (NextJS, Gatsby)
- Knowledge of AWS specifically IAM, S3, and DynamoDB
- Understanding of event-driven systems
- Has exposure to automation and continuous delivery
Lendi is Australia's #1 home loan platform and we're building technology to take the hard work out of home loans. We're passionate about how technology can revolutionize our industry and solve a key pain point in peoples' lives.
Current technology for borrowers and mortgage professionals is comically outdated and inefficient. We're changing the landscape in two key ways: first, by giving borrowers the tools that give them control of the most important financial decision of their lives. Second, by saving mortgage professionals from the drudgery of today's tools and making their jobs both interesting and meaningful.
Our developers and engineers are the key people leading that revolution.
Benefits and perks:
- At Lendi we take career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it!
- Flexible working arrangements
- A week's additional annual leave after 3 years' service
- Regular social and team-building activities.
Lendi is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.