Software EngineerAt Gitbook
Remote / Europe
Apply for the Job
🤔 Why are we opening this position ?
GitBook is a modern documentation platform. Our ambition is to empower teams through a new document standard suited for modern work and collaboration. GitBook is now used by over 1M users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, and Google.
We're currently working on a next product step to redefine "core team work". With this in mind, we're looking for a Software Engineer to join our Product & Engineering team and help us implement the product vision while developing an outstanding experience for our users.
🙌 What will you be doing ?
- You'll solve technical challenges of high scope and complexity to help scale GitBook and better serve millions of users who rely on us. We tackle complex challenges like crafting our unique, highly scalable git sync solution for complex integrations with 3rd parties; all while continuing to embrace the serverless philosophy that drives the rest of the application.
- You'll own the implementation of new features from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution...
- You'll improve the performance and reliability of our application and backend, like our databases, APIs or realtime backend.
- You'll work to make GitBook a robust and secure solution for all of our users by advocating for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have particular impact across your team.
- You'll contribute to the definition and be the advocate of our internal standards for style, maintainability and best practices.
- You'll provide mentorship for engineers to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blocker
🛠️ What environment will you be working on ?
- Technical stack: We’re working on a server-less architecture (using Firebase and Google Cloud services) in NodeJS and React (both in TypeScript). Here's our stackshare.io page to learn more about our stack.
- How we work: Engineering works to continuously delivering value, focusing on shipping as a team. We use a lightweight Kanban process that prioritizes throughput and rapid delivery. We celebrate our successes every Friday with a public Show and Tell and manage workload every Monday with a kickoff. As a product-led company, Engineering collaborates closely with Product to prioritize value add and owns the execution phase.
🙌 You will be valued for :
- your teamwork You understand that value is created and delivered to users. You help the team operate openly and transparently, elevating the quality of documentation and our rigour. You grow through experimentation and lead with compassion, improving the organization and your teammates.
- your technical expertise, as you already have extensive experience (+5 years) working with Typescript, ReactJS and NodeJS.
- your engineering experience, as you have a strong understanding of how a web application is built and delivered to end-users. You are comfortable with topics such as performance optimisation, data synchronisation, and caching. Your experience in application monitoring and debugging will also be valued and it will be an added plus if you have experience with server-less infrastructure.
- your product-oriented mindset. You are driven by creating values for ours users, and not solely by solving hard tech problems. You have past experience owning a project from concept to production, with a focus on the end user and final impact.
✨ What's next ?
First, we will take the time to review your application and we will get back to you within a week, regardless of our decision.
Here's what our process will look like:
1. Discover call (30min) with Morgane, our Talent Manager to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
2. Technical interview (30min) with members of our Engineering team to deep dive about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life..
3. Take home exercise followed by a Pair programming interview with 2 members of our Engineering team
4. The last two discussions will be around cultural alignment. You will have the opportunity to meet with Patrick, Head of Engineering, and later on with Samy, co-founder
👥👥 Every single team member is a value addition to our culture, so it's important for us to state our values.
👍👍 While joining GitBook, you will also appreciate our Perks & Benefits.