Senior Data Scientist, Software Solutions at GNS Healthcare (Somerville, MA) (allows remote)At GNS Healthcare
GNS Healthcare is on a mission to enable the better matching of drugs and other health interventions to individual patients to cure disease, improve health outcomes, and reduce the total cost of care. By leveraging massive amounts of patient data and breakthroughs in artificial intelligence and machine learning technology, GNS is bringing a new level of personalization and precision to patients through our biopharma companies, health plan, and patient foundation partners. GNS is dedicated to making personalized medicine a reality in diseases including oncology, auto-immune diseases, neurology, and cardiometabolic diseases.
If you're interested in our vision of improving precision medicine through data and technology, you can help us make a difference!
The Senior Data Scientist will join a dynamic team responsible for supporting successful biopharma customer use of the REFS software platform. This individual will be an internal expert in the capabilities of our Bayesian inference platform, with the ability to translate customer use requests into practical solutions using REFS-based analytics. The role will be responsible for providing advanced technical and scientific support for license clients on precision medicine applications of REFS.
Responsibilities will include training client users in the use of REFS Software, assisting client users in scientific problem formulation, data assessment and model design, partnering with client users on result interpretation and value of scientific results generated by the REFS platform and participation in development
Our philosophy at GNS is simple: we cannot transform healthcare with anything less than an all-star team. We are seeking smart, driven people who are experts in their field, have a track record of success and a passion for creating change. We believe that strong teams supercharge the performance of individuals, create a fun and dynamic workplace and great results for our clients and the people they serve.
We are passionate about our work and believe in the ability of our technology to change the world. Our core values of integrity, collaboration, value, diversity, and game-changing guide our behaviors with each other and our clients.
GNS offers competitive salaries, stock options, unlimited vacation, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(k), generous parental leave, tuition reimbursement, professional development, subsidized parking and gym membership, tasty food, volunteering opportunities, social gatherings, and more.
- Facilitate delivery of scientific insights to clients using the REFS software and services, including on-boarding, training, and providing regular technical and scientific support to users.
- Work with clients on precision medicine projects using the REFS software to drive project results
- Work with the licensing team on creating training materials for REFS software and participate in the delivery of the training material as an expert user and trainer
- Provide feedback to GNS R&D, product, and engineering teams on the REFS software roadmap and opportunities to deliver client value
- Identify and mitigate risks that could inhibit client success
- In-depth understanding of the application of REFS for precision medicine, biomarker discovery, and patient stratification use cases.
- Scientific rigor and creativity in addressing client business needs
- Assist clients in assessment of healthcare datasets (e.g. clinical trials, omics, claims, EHR datasets) for REFS modeling
- Support modeling workflows and model interpretation by license clients
- Troubleshoot with clients to assist them in tailoring the REFS platform for their needs
- Provide training to internal and external customers on the REFS platform
- Support pre-sales and business development activities as needed
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in Bioinformatics, (Bio)Statistics, Data Science, Systems Biology, (Bio)Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- PhD preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in machine learning and probability theory; experience in Bayesian analysis or causal inference methods is a strong plus
- Experience handling and manipulating large data sets
- Proficiency in at least one statistical programming or numerical computing language; experience with R preferred
- Familiarity with AWS and Linux systems
- Strong written and verbal communication; a clear ability to communicate technical material to non-technical audiences simply and clearly
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary environment is a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Passion to learn new things and solve problems
Equal Employment Opportunity
GNS Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GNS Healthcare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.