Human Resource Director - South RegionAt Harsco Corporation
Our name is our business. Clean Earth is a U.S. leader in providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material, and both hazardous and non-hazardous waste. We’re now part of Harsco, honored to be listed on Newsweek’s 2021 America’s Most Responsible Companies.
You’ll be joining a company with a long, stable history in an expanding market.
As HRD, you'll be responsible for the administration and delivery of professional Human Resources services, supporting Clean Earth personnel throughout the South Region of the United States. You will serve as the HR leader in development and implementation of HR services and practices to assure consistent and positive employee relations throughout the South Region. Additionally, you will project manage HR projects and initiatives for the Clean Earth division.
HR services include the administration of strategic initiatives, company policies, employee relations, professional level and direct labor staffing / selection, retention, change management, employment law, leadership development, benefits and compensation, talent management, workforce planning, AAP/EEO, special projects, and diversity, engagement and inclusion efforts.
You'll support a workforce located in 19 facilities plus remote workers (work from home offices).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage HR projects in support of HR and business operations and organizational design initiatives.
- Deliver strategic initiatives supporting the overall effectiveness of the US South Region.
- Managing the Human Resources responsibilities to obtain maximum benefit throughout the organization. Ensure that HR performance effectively supports the achievement of business objectives.
- Develop effective HR metrics to monitor and ensure efficient and effective delivery of HR services.
- Evaluate employee retention and engagement trends and provide solutions to deliver effective organizational performance.
- Administration of company benefit programs.
- Coach and support leadership in development and execution of talent management programs such as effective goal management, performance management, succession planning, career and talent development at all levels of the South Region.
- Coach managers on how to effectively manage team and individual performance.
- Recruit top talent following current EEO/AA guidelines for all positions utilizing available resources to maintain an effective work force. Partner with recruiting team to ensure sourcing of top talent and achievement of recruiting metrics.
- Manage employee relation issues and support a positive employee culture.
- Coordinate and interpret all company policies to assure consistent application and equitable employee relations. Update policies as needed.
In this role, you must be willing and able to travel up to a third of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a business field
- 5+ years of HR experience in a human resource generalist role, including 2+ years in a management position.
- Experience supporting professional level employees in a distributed workforce,
- Must be willing and able to work in a hands-on manner to execute key initiatives and activities.
- Master's degree
- Change Management experience
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Operations support experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to lead and work through others, effective delegation skills
- Must be responsive and have excellent attention to detail skills
- Excellent computer skills, must have strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Metrics and data driven. Must be able to interpret and speak with data
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.