We're Lawn Love -- a digital marketplace for lawn care and gardening services. We're like Uber or Lyft, but for the lawn care space.
We launched in San Diego six years ago and have raised funding from investors like Y Combinator, Bullpen Capital, Joe Montana, Alexis Ohanian, Barbara Corcoran and others. We've been on a growth tear ever since, and are now operating in over 120 cities across the U.S.
We're a fully remote team and are looking for an ambitious Head of Search Marketing to help us win in this channel. You'd be responsible for planning and executing our national SEO strategy, and would work cross-functionally with other key teams to help us win.
We're looking for someone who *loves* the craft of SEO. Someone who is deeply familiar with everything from technical SEO and onsite optimizations, to link building, content marketing, keyword research, analytics, local SEO, CRO, and more. The ideal candidate has startup experience and a knack for juggling responsibilities. You'll likely spend about 20% of your time on the strategic level planning and building the strategy, and 80% of your time on the ground executing it.
This role reports to our Head of Growth and works in close collaboration with the CEO.
Why lawn care?
Lawn Love solves problems for both lawn care consumers (anyone with grass, shrubs, or xeriscaping) and the pros of doing the work. We've brought a suite of 21st-century tools to a very antiquated industry, including Online quoting, scheduling, and payments; quantitative analyses to ensure consumers get a great lawn pro, every time; and job routing and clustering algorithms that increase pros' route density and efficiency.
- We're both well-funded and capital efficient. We launched out of YCombinator in 2014, and have raised significant funding from world-class investors over the last few years.
- Looking for personal development? This role will have you working with every function in the company, and you'll own the entire SEO function at Lawn Love.
- We're here to work hard, have fun, and make history. Our goal is to massively improve the lives of millions of small business owners (our lawn pros) and help them better compete and thrive.
- You can catch a glimpse of the Lawn Love life in a Snappr profile.
Here's what we're looking for:
- You have deep experience with technical SEO and on-page SEO.
- You can also run the off-page stuff, and know-how builds and scale link building campaigns and execute a content marketing strategy.
- You are deeply experienced with local SEO, ideally for a company with dozens of locations across the U.S.
- You are massive data-driven. You measure everything you can and let results inform your beliefs. You can identify trends and insights, and choose where to invest based on those insights. You know marketing analytics cold.
- You have an in-depth understanding of the requisite SEO tools & tactics (you're familiar with tools like Ahrefs, STAT, DeepCrawl, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, keyword tools, SEO audit tools, etc.)
- You know your way around Google algorithm updates (Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird, Pigeon, Rankbrain, etc.)
- You love working hard, not just for financial rewards, but for the opportunity to grow personally.
- You are intellectually curious and you get stuff done. Results are what matter to you.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- You'll be joining a high-growth startup solving hard problems, with the opportunity to make a huge impact on a very large, thoroughly antiquated industry.
- Significant equity. When we say you'll be an "owner," we mean that not just in the metaphorical sense.
- Unmetered vacation, full health coverage, 401k, and more.
- New gear, ergonomic workstations, and whatever else you need to be productive.
- A $750/year personal learning stipend.
- All the benefits of a fully remote company. Zero commutes and you can work from anywhere you're productive.
- The opportunity to empower thousands of small business owners across the country, and give them the tools to thrive. We are direct defenders of the American Dream.
Come make history with us.