UX Designer (f/m/d) at HeidelbergCement AG () (allows remote)At HeidelbergCement AG
Support HeidelbergCement on its way to become a leader in the digitalized concrete, cement and aggregates business!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate UX Designer (f/m/d) who is an excellent communicator and knows that the key differentiator in the digital space is simplifying the complexity for the end user.
The HeidelbergCement Digital initiatives are set to create the best digital experience for our customers. We want to create real value for our customers by applying cutting-edge technologies to our core business lines. We know that to be successful, we need to put our end users in the center of product development. Our customers increasingly want to engage with us through non-traditional, digital channels and we want to provide them with a great experience. This requires a deep understanding of the end user’s needs and a relentless drive to meet them. Our benchmark is not our competition; our benchmarks are Amazon and Uber.
As a UX Designer, you will be running research with end-users, creating concepts, wireframes, prototypes and screen designs for our digital products that will reach a growing global user base across 50+ countries. As part of a high-performing team, you will work closely with UX researchers, product owner, business analysts, solution owners and development teams to create and shape key experiences, build a consistent narrative across various digital initiatives, and ultimately build trust across all touch points with our end users.
You will be a part of the UX & Analytics team, and work in an embedded fashion with a digital product team in HeidelbergCement. You will report to our Global Head of UX and Analytics and be able to work remotely throughout Germany.
Your next challenge:
- Primarily responsible for creating a target experience (aka “north star design experience”) for a given product or service
- As an embedded team member, analyze UX “problems” and create design solutions that meet measurable business requirements and goals
- Create interaction flows, wireframes, prototypes, low/hi-fidelity designs throughout the design process
- Incorporate market analysis, user feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into recommendations for design
- As/when applicable, run user interviews to unpack user needs
- Work in close partnership with the product team to come up with a holistic research + design plan
- Present design concepts to the working teams and key stakeholders
- Coach, empower and consult the product teams in user-centered design thinking tools and techniques
- Collaborate with UX designers beyond the working teams to create a shared knowledgebase
- Approach your work with a global mindset, advocate for user-centricity
- Be a champion for all-things UX
- Bachelor's / Master's studies in the field of design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field of studies
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, service designer or similar role
- Proven UX design expertise across multiple channels and international markets
- Expertise in creating services and applications across mobile and web
- Experience with building and/or governance related to design systems
- Proficiency in UX design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe suite etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and especially to senior executives
- Fluent in English
- Ability to travel (when possible given COVID-19 travel restrictions)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excited to work in an international team with global impact
- UX portfolio
We are convinced that only those who successfully realize their personal goals can also fully contribute professionally. That's why we offer you attractive benefits, such as:
- Attractive compensation including Christmas and vacation bonuses
- Flexible working time models
- Mobile working within Germany on up to three days per week
- 30 vacation days plus additional special vacation days
- Individual onboarding with participation in the buddy program
- Support for advanced training and continuing education
- Company health management (various company sports groups, health and prevention campaigns, company doctor)
- Ergonomic workstations with height-adjustable desks
- Canteen with discounted and healthy meals
- Employer-sponsored company pension plan
- Attractive conditions and discounts at our cooperation partners (gyms, banks, online stores, etc.)
- Job ticket