Senior Software Engineer - BackendAt Higharc
About the job:
Higharc is growing its team to build a powerful interactive, web-based home design platform. This role will ensure that Higharc API's match our rapid product development schedule while also being robust, maintainable, and documented.
The right candidate for this role prioritizes working software over perfection and wants to deliver software, get user feedback, and iterate. Be prepared to share live examples of applications you've built.
This is a fulltime role that can be held remotely in the continental United States or from our offices in Durham, NC, San Francisco, CA, or Atlanta, GA.
What you'll do:
- Help design & deliver a robust set of API's based on PostgresQL, node.js, and AWS
- Work with the rest of engineering team to maintain and add new features to this system
- Write tests to ensure we can deploy new features with high reliability
- Mentor junior engineers
You might be a good fit if you have:
- An inspiring GitHub profile or website that demonstrates your skills in this area
- Deep knowledge of REST, GraphQL, web hooks, and other modern API techniques
- Experience deploying complex, high-uptime applications running in a datacenter
- Proactive communication skills adapted to a remote work environment
Higharc is a VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. We're a team who've shipped products for Google, Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple. Higharc has been remote-first since our founding in 2018. We're focused on results, not hours spent working. Set your own hours so that you do your best work without missing out on life. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with unlimited PTO, and meaningful maternity/paternity leave. You'll also have access to other big-company benefits like short and long-term disability plans and a 401k. Haven't worked remotely before? We provide a stipend to help you create the ideal home-office.