Full Stack Developer (Back End Focus) at HomeLister (New York, NY) (allows remote)At HomeLister
New York, NY
At HomeLister we are on a mission to transform home selling into a simple, enjoyable and fairly priced transaction. The average home seller pays 30% of their equity in brokerage commissions - beyond expensive. HomeLister is remaking the $60bn a year real estate industry into an online end to end marketing, transaction, and financial management platform. Our homes sell faster, our sellers keep more of their money, and our seller's are happier than with a traditional agent. HomeLister is the fastest growing real estate company, entering a new state on average every 6 weeks.
We are building the future real estate platform now. We are hiring a full stack developer with a back end focus to join a dynamic, experienced team. We are looking for engineers who can not only tackle technical problems, but also collaborate and evangelize best practices across teams. We value engineers who can bring fresh ideas and are willing to own solving problems all the way to a solution.
- Architecting and implementing solutions at the core of our application
- Working closely with other members of development team, including fullstack, front-end, data and infrastructure engineers
- Writing and deploying clean, tested and well-documented code
- Contributing ideas for new features and proactively identifying areas for improvement
- Mentoring other members of the team via code reviews and collaborative sessions
- 3+ years backend experience with Node.js
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure, or other cloud server platforms
- Experience with NoSQL such as MongoDB; relational database systems like MySQL and PostgreSQL and in-memory data storage tools such as Redis
- Familiarity with React, Next.js, Typescript, styled-components. Although this position will be mainly focused on the backend, strong JS, HTML, CSS skills are a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing tools and methodologies
- Experience with JS build tools such as grunt.js, gulp and similar alternatives
- Experience with serverless architecture and microservices.