Senior Technical Designer - GamingAt IANULY Talent Accelerators
Talent Acceleration is our high-touch approach to solving our clients’ recruitment challenges. We serve as a partner to fast growth, startup companies that don’t have the structure, time, or resources to do efficient, cost-effective, high-quality hiring. Because in lean startups, the negative impact of hiring the wrong person has an enormous price, we develop recruitment strategies and contribute to our client's culture to facilitate their rapid team expansion. We’ve reinvented the traditional practice of recruitment by implementing our unique talent solution in-house, resulting in the accelerated growth of our clients.
- We engage in an exclusive, transparent, flexible relationship with our clients, which is the key to our success
- We advise and coach clients and candidates every step of the way
- We are engaged as the sole recruiting channel for clients’ open positions
- We are a flexible solution that can be engaged for fixed periods of time and then re-engaged during later stages of growth
Our client is a bold new game studio with a mission to build cutting-edge AAA entertainment for the 21st century. The founders are veterans in the online games, social games, and crypto fields. They seek a Senior Technical Game Designer who will lead the design and development of AAA products. The ideal candidate will be driving the design for key systems including combat, AI, and player progression. They will be working hands-on with the team implementing content and helping playtest, tune and debug the game utilizing a combination of creative and technical design skills. This is a full-time, remote position that can be done from anywhere in the world with a good internet connection.
- Take ownership of rapid gameplay prototyping and contributing to overall game balance in a highly iterative process
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Art and Audio team members to create fun and visually compelling gameplay
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development, providing constructive insight and feedback when needed
- 5+ years of game design experience
- Strong experience with RPG systems design as well as tuning and balancing combat, loot and encounter AI
- Hands-on experience with Unreal Engine 4 including Blueprints
- Shipped at least two AAA quality video games for PC or Console
- Must love games
- Experience with free-to-play mechanics, metrics, and monetization
- Understanding of crypto and crypto-enabled scarcity for virtual items
- Experience working with MMO or online multiplayer games
- Experience working on a distributed team spread across several time zones
- Huge fan of MMO and Action RPG games.
- Fully remote work, with a yearly company offsite (once travel becomes feasible)
- Experience working with gaming veterans of game titles with a gross aggregate revenue well over $10B USD
- Flexible 20 days off per year (holidays + local national holidays)
- Experience creating a new IP with franchise potential