Software Development Engineer at Intel Corporation () (allows remote)At Intel Corporation
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join the BXD Barefoot Switching Division in our Data Platform Group (DPG) as a Software Development Engineer. We are part of the Connectivity Group (CG) in Intel's DPG and are looking for motivated passionate and talented software test automation engineers to join our Software Quality Assurance QA team for programmable high speed switching ASICs. We are a strong vibrant team that helps drive Intel's programmable switching technology and products to position Tofino as the switching platform of choice for Cloud and Data Center network deployments.
In this role you will be responsible for automating build release and test infrastructure. You will have an excellent opportunity to automate tests using Intel's programmable switching ASIC using industry leading P4 Language and work with next generation NOS such as SONiC.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- L2/L3 Networking experience System.
- Develop and add to existing automation infrastructure in Python
- Enhance sanity and regression tests
- Automate test cases using Python Mentor and train junior engineers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below:
- Must be a team player with a demonstrated effectiveness in technically influencing others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience
- 3+ years of experience in Software Testing
- 3+ years of experience in Test automation using Python
- 2+ years of experience in Network Protocol Testing
- 2+ years of experience in L2/L3 Network Protocol Testing