Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® (Buffalo, NY) (allows remote)At Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a senior-level Ruby on Rails Software Engineer to join the Geezeo team. In this role you will work on a cross functional/disciplined team supporting our Geezeo application. Our platform delivers a best in class digital banking experience to over 500 banks and credit unions. We seamlessly integrate our platform into digital banking solutions and complete over 11 million financial transactions per day.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, and openness. Our team is highly distributed, meaning you will work with kind, talented engineers from across various locations within the US. You’ll get the chance to contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people. Occasional travel may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
This position will be hired out of the Buffalo, NY office OR Remotely within the US.
- Minimum 6 years of software engineering experience supporting large enterprise applications
- Minimum 4 years of Ruby on Rails framework experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with microservice architecture in a production environment is helpful.
- Expert level knowledge of MVC patterns for the Rails framework.
- Security-orientated approach to development.
- Experience with Git, AWS, and MySQL.
- Experience with RESTful web service APIs.
- Ability to support large enterprise applications with development, maintenance and support.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research in a large, long running codebase.
- Describe different potential solutions to business problems and understand their tradeoffs.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. May participate in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.