Operations ManagerAt JobRack
📑 - Helping the company deliver more deals, increase the professionalism of its deliverables and heighten the quality of its outputs
💰 - 1200 - 1400 USD monthly
💻 - Work for a Remote First company
✔️ - Excellent spoken and written English
📈 - Mid-level
🎯 - Part-time
⏰ - Flexible working hours
📍 - Work from home or anywhere you prefer
Click here to watch a short intro video to the role - https://youtu.be/qj_JKioOjcM
Rental Scale-Up is a media and consulting company. As a media company we help decision makers in the short-term rental industry keep up with market trends, big OTA moves, and new tech solutions. We analyze the news. We do not simply copy / paste press releases. You can view our site rentalscalelup.com to see what we do.
For the consulting side of things, we help industry vendors and listing site teams create better products and services, from research insights to go-to-market strategies.
We work in the industry. We do not just write about it. On the media side, we provide exclusive insights on the short-term rental industry that our customers can use to stay competitive. In just 1.5 years we have established ourselves as a respected source of news and analysis in the industry. Research analysts from Wall Street and CEOs of major companies read our newsletter.
We are a recognized crossroad where the industry meets, from Airbnb hosts to vacation rental tech vendors, people come to us for many reasons including our 15 years of experience.
We launched the consulting side of the business only 3 months ago and we’ve already managed to get three big names as clients, without having to push for sales, as they came to us.
Here are our future plans:
- Grow the media across more formats
- More contents on our website
- Differentiated newsletters
- Getting our existing Youtube channel to take off.
- We are also developing the paid education side of our media, with programs to help our audience implement the advice we share
- We will add a French version to our site by September
- We want to develop more services for industry vendors and listing sites.
We have scheduled meetings (e.g. weekly "Friday wins" meeting where we share our successes of the week, personal development 1-on-1 with the CEO every 2 weeks). People are encouraged to find solutions by themselves, but we also have existing procedures that should be used and improved.
Everyone is remote, but we do meet at big industry events if possible. Members of the team interact with people from the industry, so they are expected to be curious about the topic and the people.
Currently the team consists of:
→The founder: Writes analysis pieces for the website, interviews industry people, does the consulting and the selling, does a lot of tech housekeeping (.e.g. creating landing pages, email sequences)
→The chief content marketer: Coordinates content from contributors, set up social media promotion, creates a course about social media for short-term rental businesses, prepares the newsletter
→We also use external help: a company that can fix Wordpress issues and contractors on Upwork
→Currently recruiting 2 interns to create industry news content in English and in French
The company is small and new, so the culture is still a bit in flux. Yet, the founder has created other companies before, so here's a few things we're doing:
- It is OK to ask questions, it is ok not to know something. We value learning. We cannot know everything from day one, but we should be curious, try to find out things by ourselves, and be ready to document
- It is not OK to fail to listen to a colleague. We are from different nationalities, work remotely, have different backgrounds and family lifestyles. It is ok to be different and we learn from other people's differences, as they reflect the diversity of our industry
- We improve existing things and try new things, but we also use data to find out what's working or not. It is ok to try and fail, as long as you have set clear goals, measured what happened, and have learnings to share with the team
- In a connected world, we are the face of the company, online and offline. We are expected to be professional and polite. We do not engage in social media battles in the name of the company
- Housekeeping: We show up on time to meetings and share in advance issues that may change our schedules
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Operations Manager that will help us increase our revenues by helping the company deliver more deals, increase the professionalism of its deliverables, and heighten the quality of its outputs.
The role will be interacting on a daily basis with the Founder and the Chief Content Marketer.
Your main responsibilities as an Operations Manager will include:
- Running and executing various projects simultaneously
- Documenting and optimizing existing processes
- Tech set-up: Cloning the existing landing page and email sequence, creating new list and tag, updating with new copy and logos
- Creating schedules for meetings with speakers (e.g. 1st meeting to set up goals, progress meetings, rehearsal, and debrief)
- Follow-up: Making sure that all participants know what they have to do and check that they do it. Sending the video footage to each participant after the show.
- Weekly videos (2 to 3)
- Taking raw footage and making minor edits with easy-to-use editing software (add logo, add table of contents, add texts)
- Uploading videos to Youtube or Vimeo
- Creating title and description using the interview notes given by the interviewer
- Adding tags, links, and cards using easy-to-use software
- Making sure our tech contractors are delivering projects, are not stuck (chase people internally if they need an answer)
- Managing our ad spaces: Making sure advertisers give us the banners and things we need, making sure ads are displayed on time, using our own banners to fill up empty spaces
The skills of the most suitable candidate:
- Running and executing several projects at the same time (from assessing time needed to creating basic SOPs, getting things done and explaining why we should say no to some projects)
- Basic knowledge of landing page creation with marketing tools such as Wordpress, Elementor, or any such tool helps
- Experience with learning to easy-to-use software (e.g. basic video editing, Youtube publishing).
The personal traits of our perfect colleague:
- Strong Attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Excellent spoken and written English
Tools we use:
- Community chat
- Google Docs
Brownie points for:
- Experience with wordpress elementor, kartra, Google Docs,
- Basic video editing
- Part-time position (4 hours per day, 5 days per week)
- Flexible schedule (with some 2 hour overlap with Central European Time - 9AM to 5PM)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- 2 weeks of paid vacation in the year
- Flexible working schedule
- Remuneration package: $15-17/hr = $1200-1400 monthly for a part-time role 20 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
- This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality application that stands out.
- If you apply we’ll respond promptly and keep you updated throughout the process.
- As part of the hiring process there will be the following steps:
1 - Click Apply and Complete the application form
2 - You’ll be invited to record a short video to introduce yourself and your professional experience
3 - Initial screening interview
4 - Paid test tasks - we’ll give you a chance to show us your skills. You’ll be paid for your time, we don’t work for free and we wouldn’t expect you to either.
5 - In depth interview - Chance for us to talk in more detail together about your future working with us.
We’re fully committed to getting a great long term team member. If you love the idea of working with us then we look forward to reviewing your application.