Applications Support at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Jersey City, NJ
and technical support to assigned systems. Work with a variety of departments to identify data requirements, system functions and integration points to provide actionable data. Create and maintain data standards, processes and systems analysis.Additionally, you will research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations. May be involved in the design, development, testing, debugging and document programming applications to satisfy requirements of one or more user areas.
Summary: Provides technical support for a subset of business systems applications, assisting in one or all areas of applications programming that includes testing, design, and analysis.
Work closely with business and service delivery team to ensure appropriate business measures are defined. Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications. Examine applications to ensure adherence to Application Engineering guidelines, processes and procedures. Utilize multiple programming languages and software technologies to ensure applications are suitably fit for use and admissible for maintenance/upgrades. Test, modify, and implement application codes; make standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and industry standards. Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements escalated by Service Delivery Team to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies. Engage third party suppliers on applications support issues. Familiarity of data structures and relationships. Be an advocate for leveraging experience systems to enhance business performance. Stay current with technologies and best practices that support the business. 24/7 Customer Support and Service Delivery Model.
* Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
* Ability to multi-task and deal with conflicting priorities.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Analytics and objective thinking capabilities.
* Ability to grasp common business concepts and translate them into software requirements.
* Detailed oriented with ability communicate and resolve issues as all levels of the organization.
* Adept in basic software design and development methods.
* Logical thinker with strong problem solving in a cross-functional environment.
* Effective team player and ability to work independently.
* Possessing specialist knowledge of operating systems, devices, applications and software.
* Managing coordination at a local and international level where required.
* Delivering regular and customized training to teams within the business.
* Preparing maintenance plans and upgrading schedules for the organization's systems.
* Developing reports for teams across the business.
* Managing ticketed query system and ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is kept up to date.
Education and/or Experience:
* College degree in related technical or business area, specialized training and/or equivalent work experience.
* At least five years of programming / application development work experience.
* Ability to write SQL queries.
* Exposure to a broad base of systems/multi-task work environment.
* Significant DevOps experience.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans