Big Data / Java Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Jersey City, NJ
Big Data developer typically (but is not limited to) performs the following:
* Designs and develops solutions to improve alerts delivery platform
* Designs and writes code to automate communication testing.
* Works with production support and infrastructure teams to find solutions to improve application resiliency in VSI and cloud environment
* Maintains an evergreen repository of knowledge base on application resiliency.
* Willing to learn and work on new technologies as required.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Extensive experience building and supporting mission-critical, 24/7 applications
* Proficiency in modern programming languages (understanding of futures, promises, reactive programming)
* Demonstrated experience in server side programming (Java 8 preferred, however combination of Java with C/C#/python is acceptable)
* Strong understanding of high-throughput applications (message processing, high TPS web-services)
* Experience with Spring ecosystem (Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Kafka)
* Experience with performance monitoring and testing.
* Experience utilizing Kafka, NoSQL technologies (Cassandra preferred), Spark, and Hadoop
* Experience writing performant SQL code/stored procedures (Oracle/Sybase/SQLServer)
* Experience with messaging technologies - WebSphere MQ/JMS, RabbitMQ.
* Experience with code testability standards, JUnit/Mockito, Cucumber integration
* Experience with scripting and working in a Linux environment.
* Experience with containers or various PaaS platforms
* Experience working in a fast-paced financial services/digital focused delivery environment.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.Understanding of Email, Text (SMS) and Push technologies is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans