Core Java Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Jersey City, NJ
* Serverside developer to build and deliver solutions to external/internal users supporting business capabilities around the trade lifecycle. Will be engaged with various stakeholders ( across business, UX, product, tech, operations, etc).
* Will be involved in various technologies stacks including API, cloud, dev ops, big data, microservices, etc.
* Design, analyze, develop, test, debug and document in solving business problems for one or more business areas
* Translate, load and present disparate data sets in multiple formats/sources including JSON, Avro, Kafka queues etc
* Translate functional and technical requirements into detail design
* Application performance tuning and troubleshooting
* Participate in analysis of data stores and help with data analytics
* Ensure solutions developed adhere to security and data entitlements
Additional responsibilities highlighted here:
* Propose best practices/standards
* Assist and support proof of concepts as Big Data technology evolves.
* Experience with workflow, rules engines (e,g, DROOLS), event modeling and messaging
* Identify off the shelf commercial and open source technologies for consideration as part of the designs and participate in the evaluation of such technologies.
* Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance for design and implementation of software system enhancements
* Act as evaluator for 3rd party tools and systems that may be adopted (to attend vendor demos, etc, and provide technical commentary).
* Build strategic generic tech solutions that can be reused and leveraged across business areas.
* Possess framework mindset, in terms of building components/libraries that can be easily ported/integrated/upgraded with minimal effort by various applications.
* Work effectively within collaborative team to identify and resolve issues.
Required Skills and Qualifications
* 3+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on application development, demonstrated experience with applications development throughout the entire development lifecycle.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Must have experience with Java/J2EE with a deep understanding of the language and core API's, design patterns and Service Oriented Architecture.
* Must have below java related experience
+ REST/JSON/XML Web API Development
+ Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security
+ Testing frameworks - Cucumber, Selenium, Junit
+ Experience automating builds with Maven using CI Servers like Jenkins
+ SQL & Database
+ Messaging (MQ, Kafka)
+ Java performance tuning, debugging & profiling tools
+ Code Repositories: GIT, Bitbucket
* Experience on Agile software development methodologies
* Strong analytical skills and attention to details
* Be self-driven, ability to work independently or with multiple teams.
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Cloud services and containers
* BigData stack using Hadoop, Kafka, Apache Spark
* NoSQL database (Cassandra, HBase)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans