Full Stack Java/React Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Jersey City, NJ
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Position & Team Overview
Sales CRM & DCS Technology is a team that supports the global Sales & Research and Client Services organization using CRM, digital workflow and MIS tools across the Investment Bank. This involves leveraging a wide range of tools that will help sales make decision efficiently, while collecting valuable client intelligence data points (trade, revenue, deal, profitability, clients, contacts, etc.). We are a global team with over 60 team members across Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions. CRM Technology is part of the larger Sales & Research Technology organization. Our user base is roughly 4,500 staff globally.
* Diversity - we strive to be an inclusive and diversified team, with members sharing and learning from each other
* Innovation - we employ not-afraid-to-fail mentality, taking the lead to be innovative in a controlled manner
* Work-life balance - with a global team structure and coverage, we want you to have a healthy lifestyle while being productive at work.
The CRM Technology Associate will work as a Full stack engineer with a fast-paced, high-energy diversified team.
Design, develop, test and support enterprise applications using sound object oriented analysis and design principles
Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies
Review business requirements/functional specifications requirements and provide technical solutions
Onboard external and internal data sources with understanding data semantics and using it to drive consistency in internal representation.
Work across, coordinate and ensure build of unified and simple APIs for access and usage of data.
Identify efficiencies and ways to improve design and development processes
Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all businesses across Technology and among technology team members.
Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
Candidates must have 5+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on application development, demonstrated experience with applications development throughout the entire development lifecycle. The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
* Strong Core Java (Collections / Exception handling / Generics / Annotation, etc.)
* Hands on work experience in REST based Web -services, micro service and cloud. In-depth knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot.
* Strong knowledge of Web servers (Tomcat)
* Exposure of asynchronous messaging protocols (IBM MQ, JMS, Kafka)
* Experience with developing real-time, event-driven, service-based distributed architectures.
* Knowledge of Search API's using Elastic Search, GraphQL is a plus
* Understanding and usage of best practices for object-oriented design, data/process modeling, and test-driven development
* Experience with Automated DevOps pipeline for Continuous Integration/Deployment, and test automation using GIT, Bitbucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins, JUnit, and Cucumber
* Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a 'can-do' attitude
* Ability to absorb problems & present creative solutions within required timeframes
* Must be able to demonstrate significant relevant work experience, or had experience of several major technology implementation projects
* Team player comfortable working in a fast-paced consulting-style, unstructured environment
* Quick learner with strong attention to detail with excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to receive and act upon feedback
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.