Java Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Jersey City, NJ
* Around 10 years of experience in a financial service environment with a focus in front-office applications
* Strong experience in Java full stack, Spring boot, messaging, and SQL/noSQL
* Strong understanding of development concepts, SDLC methodologies, OOP concepts, SOA principles, enterprise design patterns, industry best practices
* Experience implementing frameworks/tools like Spring Java full stack including Spring Boot, Security and Integration
* Knowledge of designing and building large scale REST based web services
* Experience with building messaging, event-driven architectures using MQ/JMS
* Experience with Kafka preferred
* Experience with unit testing and automated testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito SCM / DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar)
* Good understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
* Familiar with modern infrastructure technology and architecture (cloud, virtualization, object stores, etc.)
* Agile development experience or equivalent in fast-paced development environment
* Experience with ETL processing is plus
Successful candidate :
* Will be part of the high-caliber development team that works closely with the Front Office Quant Portfolio Managers and Research analysts on end-to-end solutions
* Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, motivated by complex analytical problems
* Has to demonstrate interest in financial markets, and have ability to communicate directly with the business users. Should have good financial background preferred, CFA, FRM, MBA in Finance and/or Financial Engineering degree and/or risk management knowledge is a major plus
* Should be able to work individually or as part of a global team to achieve project goals
* Will interact closely with the Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts.
* Will be responsible for full lifecycle: Coding, Compiling, Unit testing, supporting, integration, packaging and deployment of application software and support of the application (a complete devops model).
* Ensure overall quality of deliverables is consistent with defined standards and Agile development practice
* Passion for technology and innovation
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans