Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Wilmington, DE)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
The Card Authorization team is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join their team! As a Lead Software Engineer, you will write and configure code for new and upgraded solutions in accordance with architectural roadmap and technical specifications. Some of your responsibilities will include analysis, design, code, debug, test and modify software while considering software abilities, create strategic technical designs for mid - large scope projects with the team; and provide high level architecture guidance and develop specifications to resolve software problems. You will be responsible to collaborate with stakeholders on functionality and complexity of features, estimate effort for projects of medium to large scope and debug complicated issues that span, multiple module, involve complex currency or low-level problems.
* Ability to design, architect, implement new applications utilizing leading edge technologies and modernize existing applications
* Ability to lead collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines with strong analytics and troubleshooting skills a must
* Collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages/platforms, such as: Java, Spring framework, Spring Boot, modern MVC UI Framework, API, Restful Microservice, Web Services, Cassandra, NoSQL is a plus
* Recent experience with cloud platform (such as Cloud Foundry/AWS), container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience with the following development and build tools (or similar): IntelliJ/Eclipse, Maven, BitBucket/Git/Gitflow, Hibernate, Blue JS or any other
* Experience with Test Driven Development, JUnit, Mockito, Maven, CI/CD, and DevOPs
* Preferred experience on performance testing with JMeter/Pasta/Blazemeter
* Automation experience with Cucumber, Automated Functional Testing, Contract Testing, Data Driven functional testing, a plus
* Understanding of messaging (JMS/MQ/Kafka) based integration is preferred
* Experience in modern Agile software delivery practices such as Scrum with focus on collaborative User story writing, acceptance criteria, doneness, performing peer code reviews, etc...
* Ability to mentor/coach other developers in the team
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
* At least 7-10 years of professional hands-on software development work experience
* At least 3 years of experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
* Proficient in one or more programming languages Core Java, Spring frameworks, REST API, Cloud, Micro services, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Cassandra DB and other web technologies.
* Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
* Perform other responsibilities as assigned
* Must reside in, or be willing to relocate to, Wilmington, DE area
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans