Senior Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Wilmington, DE)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
The Card Authorization team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team! As a Senior Software Engineer, you will write and configure code for new and upgraded solutions in accordance with architectural roadmap and technical specifications. Some of your responsibilities will include analysis, design, code, debug, test and modify software while considering software abilities, create strategic technical designs for small - mid scope projects with the team; and provide high level technical design guidance and develop specifications to resolve software problems. You will be responsible to collaborate with stakeholders on functionality and complexity of features, estimate effort for projects of small to medium scope and debug issues that span, multiple module, involve complex currency or low-level problems.
* Ability to implement new applications utilizing leading edge technologies and modernize existing applications
* Collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages/platforms, such as: Java, Spring frameworks, API, Restful Microservice, AWS or Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Cassandra, NoSQL is a plus
* Experience with some of the following development and build tools (or similar): IntelliJ/Eclipse, Maven, BitBucket/Git/Gitflow, JMeter/Pasta/Blazemeter, Hibernate, Blue JS or any other modern MVC UI Framework
* Experience with CI/CD, Test Driven Development, JUnit, Mockito, Maven, a plus
* Knowledge of data driven functional testing using Cucumber Scripts, a plus
* Understanding of messaging (JMS/MQ/Kafka) based integration is preferred
* Work in Agile environments collaboratively, writing user stories, developing code, testing and performing peer code reviews
* Strong analytics and troubleshooting skills a must
* Ability to mentor other junior developers in the team
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
* At least 3-5 years of professional hands-on software development work experience
* At least 1-3 years of experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
* Proficient in one or more programming languages Core Java, Spring frameworks, REST API, Cloud, Micro services, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Cassandra DB and other web technologies.
* Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
* Perform other responsibilities as assigned
* Must reside in, or be willing to relocate to, Wilmington, DE area
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans