Software Engineer - Automation at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Jersey City, NJ
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Analyze Business Requirements, design, develop, test and deliver quality software products in a complex environment.
* Supports the application's BAU and DEV/OPS processes and activities.
* Identify areas for improvement and drive change through to completion.
* Actively participate in a self-organized Scrum team where team members work together to determine who does what.
* Create detailed manual test cases and automation scripts, works with Business Analyst to determine requirements are captured correctly. Works with development team to analyze and resolve defects.
* Experience in UI, Database and API testing. Support Production Implementation tasks and post Production deployment validations.
* Ability to coach other Scrum team members. Ability to motivate others.
* Work with globally located team members on a daily basis.
* Help design, develop and implement test strategy, test plans based on detailed business requirements document provided by the business analysts.
* Work with business and technology leads to identify the appropriate test data and prepare it.
* Assist Application Developers and technical support staff in identifying and resolving problems .
* Experience working with Release Management, PMO.
* Generate Execution Reports; clearly communicate status/risks/concerns to Senior Mgt.
* 5-8 years of experience in testing applications; manual and automated testing.
* "T-Shaped"/Broad skilled software development professional with deep skills in certain areas such as coding, but also skilled in other areas such as project management, testing and/or analysis.
* Experienced in testing applications developed in various SDLC methodologies.
* Strong written and oral communication skills to collaborate effectively across different business and technology teams.
* Self-starter, able to work in fast paced agile development environment.
* SQA Analysis- Ability to read and comprehend business requirements and high level design deliverables well enough to create detailed test cases. Ability to map test cases to business requirements. Basic understanding of development lifecycle and quality assurance phases.
* Java, Selenium, Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse IDE, Maven and similar tools.
* ALM, JIRA or other similar tools for Test case and Defect Management.
* MS Office Suite, SQL, API testing, JSON Msg validations.
* Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, Time Management.
* Preferred Skills:
* Experience in testing complex financial & banking applications.
* Experience in testing applications built on architecture supporting Cloud computing Architecture.
* Knowledge and experience in Technology including various architectures, languages, tools and applications.
* Knowledgeable in LISA, Cucumber and other similar tools.
* Have a positive approach towards work and fellow team members.
* Undergraduate/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
* Scrum Master Certification is a plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans