Software Engineer - Kafka Product Engineering at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Jersey City, NJ
The role calls for the Engineer to develop messaging, event streaming and data movement solutions leveraging Kafka technology and build foundational capabilities like self-service APIs, onboarding, observability, fleet management, auto healing, SRE, etc.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable being directly involved with the design, development, testing, and operation of the solutions in multi-cloud environment and provide technical support to the service team and developer community. Candidate will work closely with product engineering team and product management team in executing the product roadmap.
Responsibilities shall include:
* Work as part of the team that builds, deploys and supports messaging/event steaming solutions based on Apache Kafka technology
* Develop REST APIs based self-service capabilities in Java and python
* Create technical design recommendations for developing messaging / event streaming technologies and foundational capabilities - per written specifications; test, evaluate, engineer, implement and support said technologies
* Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements escalated by support to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies - engage third party suppliers on support issues as required
* Build SRE tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence
* Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation - Provision, build, pave and repave
* Work with peer infrastructure teams like Identity & access management, fleet management, observability, etc., to integrate and build foundational capabilities for the product
Preferred skill sets
* Experience in messaging/streaming in multi-cloud environment (On premise and AWS preferably) - Preferably Kafka and MSK
* Highly proficient in at least one programming language - Java or Python
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills - desire to solve complex problems at scale
* Strong Data Services expertise - Databases, Messaging (Kafka), Streaming and Caching
* Strong Programming skills - needs to be able to code, leverage APIs, and understand security, authentication and data structures.
* UI Development skills (Angular JS/REACT JS) is a plus, but not mandatory
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans