Software Engineer, Lead - Java, Kafka at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Jersey City, NJ
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Proven experience in Java8, Spring Boot, Restful Services
* Strong experience with even stream architecture and data distribution via Kafka
* Expertise with managing and using NoSQL databases - Cassandra preferred.
* Monitor cluster availability, read/ write latencies, and other key performance metrics to proactively identify SLO misses and help mitigate issues.
* Tune Cassandra databases for optimizing throughput and read /write latencies.
* Apply latest DevOps concepts to continuously improve and transform platform into a highly available, highly maintainable platform - including but not limited to code, policy processes, behaviors, tools.
* Create automated tests for software created and define automated testing best practices within the team.
* Monitor production activities/process to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communications of problems internal and external clients, technical resources.
* Understand the structures, usages and sources of the data. High energy and willingness to learn new technologies.
* Establish strong working relationships with team members and across data consumers.
* Handle individual workload and deliver project milestones on time and on budget
* Build highly available, scalable distributed systems using Java & Java EE technologies, Spring framework - Spring Boot/Spring Cloud preferred, Git, Maven, Jenkins, and Tomcat.
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans