Software Engineering at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Columbus, OH)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Work as part of an application development team and play a role in design, analysis, development, code review, testing, and post release support to deliver business and functional requirements with high quality. Partner closely with Product Owners in Agile environment to create, test, and maintain new Cloud-based Microservices aligned to Technology Roadmap, Code Quality Standards, and Security Standards, while delivering solutions that achieve strategic objectives in the Assessments and Assurance Technology areas. Assess feasibility and efficacy of different technical approaches and design patterns that may be used in application framework and systems. Utilize mature programming methodologies and languages that adhere to coding standards and procedures. Collaborate with Application Owner to identify and recommend functional, technical, and process design improvements. Communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders and feature team members to proactively articulate progress, risks, and issues. Implement automated deployment strategies to improve reliability and velocity. Perform system, network, and application troubleshooting. Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. Proactively execute on priorities and incorporate continuous feedback to build high-quality and efficient technology solutions. Innovate and accelerate strategic global solutions, including contribution to microservice, cloud, and API development. Eliminate bottlenecks and minimize unplanned work. Leverage existing solutions, drive automation, and create reusable software. Understand what is expected while providing and receiving continuous feedback. Continuously suggest and evolve learning activities to improve both self and team, enhancing beyond primary skills. Recognize how one's actions can ensure the protection of the firm and act accordingly.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Master's degree or equivalent in Information Systems, or related technical or quantitative field plus one (1) year of experience in application development, or related experience OR Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Systems, or related technical or quantitative field plus five (5) years of experience in application development, or related experience.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
* Experience with Oracle Database
* Experience with Web Application Security.
* Demonstrate understanding of DevOps principles in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans