Software Engineering at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Jersey City, NJ
As a Senior Developer on the team, you will be expected to design and develop the features to improve our products. You will use site analytics and user feedback to drive a strategy around improving the go/cloud user experience and its integration with Gaia Portal.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
* Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Implement best practices and automation to improve the client experience when using Cloud platforms and services in the bank.
* Accelerate client adoption of cloud platforms and services through education, architectural consultations and guidance, along with owning and building strategic tools to enable application teams to transition and utilize cloud platforms effectively.
* Work closely with both the development team and cloud platform engineers.
More specifically, Ideal candidate should have experience with:
* Platform technologies such as: Cloud Foundry; (Open Source and Pivotal), Kubernetes; AWS; Openstack, or VMWare;
* End-to-End application infrastructure architecture such as Authentication and Authorization Mechanism or Systems Integration;
* Networking and Application security architectures such as internet facing applications;
* Database and messaging technologies such as MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, CockroachDB or Oracle;
* Global financial services and regulatory compliance matters such as PCI Compliance or Cross geographic implications to application deployments;
* Programming languages Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Python, and NodeJS; and Automated application deployment and management technologies:
* CI and CD including Maven and Jenkins.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans