VP-Full Stack Java/AWS Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Jersey City, NJ)At JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Jersey City, NJ
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. With clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns, investment professionals provide over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity and take leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
JP Morgan Asset Management Digital Technology Team is looking for a highly motivated hands-on technology engineer to build, lead and deliver Digital capabilities using some of the latest technologies available. As a lead Software Engineer, your mission is to work closely with our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
A significant aspect of the role consists of developing multiple digital properties such as websites, mobile applications etc providing the best experience for our clients; this is a greenfield project that requires navigating a complex user organization with a combination of global requirements and region-specific customizations as applicable.
The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of Financial domain, strong Object Oriented programming concepts, good coding background on back-end and front-end and relevant technologies such as Cloud Computing, CDN, Networking, DNS management and Analytics. Experience in managing implementation/service vendors for collaborative development between the vendor and internal tech teams is a plus. This role requires experience in collaborating with business stakeholders from around the globe to streamline regional requirements into global standards.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent with relevant experience.
* 10+ years of total experience with 3+ years in digital platforms.
* Demonstrated track record of delivery and leadership of teams working in an agile environment
* Strong technical and analytical skills
* Experience working with global teams and developing strong working relationships with business stakeholders
* Experience with integrating internal applications to vendor APIs
* Strong communication skills
* Experience with continuous integration processes and tools
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Technical Skill Set
* Strong experience in designing and developing applications using object oriented principles and design patterns in Java
* Experience with spring boot, implementing RESTful service, and developing large scale application, relational Database development
* Experience with development and support applications with core AWS service (s) : S3, EKS/EC2, and AWS managed RDS
* Possess a clear communication style and experience working in a collaborative team
* AWS developer / architect certificate preferred
* Comfortable with front-end, client-side technologies including:
+ HTML5/CSS3, Bootstrap
* CDN including http caching and other web optimization/acceleration techniques
* Testing tools including
+ Jasmine, junit, Phantom.JS, Selenium, Fluent, Cucumber
+ Voice related: Chai and Mocha frameworks
* Cloud application development, Spring and Spring Boot
* Build/Packaging tools including Jenkins, Maven, node/npm, Grunt, Webpack
* Code versioning tools such as GIT/SVN
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans