Quality ManagerAt Kepro
- Are you an experienced Quality Manager looking for a new challenge?
- Do you value care management and quality improvement?
- Are you motivated, energetic, and excited to become part of the Kepro team?
If so, you might be our next new team member!
This position can be fully remote, or if you are from the Tallahassee area you can work from the Kepro office.
Who we need:
The Quality Manager will ensure quality outcomes for all program activities. Responsibilities will include strengthening and improving our team of licensed clinicians and administrative support staff to ensure accurate and quality outcomes for assessments provided. Kepro provides assessments for individuals with mental illness and/or intellectual disability with the goal of recommending services that are provided in the least restrictive setting and promoting community integration. Assessments typically occur in nursing homes or hospital settings but can also occur in the community.
Kepro is a rapidly growing national quality improvement and care management organization. We work to ensure that over 20 million people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
People Focused. Mission Driven.
Shape the future of healthcare with us. We are mission driven to improve lives through healthcare quality and clinical expertise.
We do this through our people.
At Kepro, you can do meaningful work that makes a real difference for the lives of individuals across the country. We are an organization that cares deeply about our employees and we provide the training and support to do the best work of your career.
Benefits are a key component of your rewards package at Kepro. These benefits are designed to provide you and your family additional protection, security, and support for both your career and your life away from work. They are comprehensive and fit a variety of needs and situations. Our benefits include comprehensive health plans, paid time off, retirement savings, corporate wellness, educational assistance, corporate discounts and more.
What you’ll do:
- Ensures accurate assessments, screenings, evaluations, and determinations.
- Ensures quality outcomes for Utilization and Continued Stay reviews and and Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) assessments.
- Monitor and assess appropriate level of care outcomes based on the patient’s physical, behavioral, and psychological functioning.
- Ensure compliance with necessary workflow include re-review of records based upon input from the Medical Director.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and conducts case consultations/peer reviews/internal auditing and staff training.
- Reviews current literature, regulations and research related to long term care, mental illness, medical conditions, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and geriatrics.
- Provides supervision, oversight, feedback, and training for clinicians as needed to ensure all types of assessments are completed appropriately.
- Supports and provides staff consultation, education, and mentoring.
- Provides training, technical assistance, and clinical support to customers.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS minimum, Master’s degree preferred.
- Florida Licensure required (LCSW, LMHC, RN, clinical psychologist)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of Federal Regulation 42 CFR, Chapter 483. 89, Florida Administrative Code 59G-1.040, and Olmstead.
- Knowledge of psychiatric disorders as defined by the most current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual in use in Illinois.
- Knowledge of standards of practice related to determination of Level of Care.
- Knowledge of standards of practice related to mental health, intellectual disabilities, geriatric, and other disorders typically requiring long term care placement.
- Knowledge and understanding of public sector services and supports.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Ability to determine a clinical diagnosis accounting for psychological and behavioral issues.
- Ability to utilize computer equipment and web-based software to conduct work.
- Ability to train and interact with various office staff as needed to support necessary workflows.
- Ability to train and interact with healthcare professionals, patients, their families, and other supports.
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups through spoken, written, and electronic media and to help others to do the same.
- Ability to attend to detail, effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a timely manner and to help others to do the same.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the assessment and diagnosis of individuals with mental/psychiatric disorders, including complex differential diagnoses that are related to substance use, medical conditions, cognitive issues, and dementia.
- Minimum of (1) year of experience in working with individuals with intellectual disability or related conditions.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with public mental health and medical programs.
We know your time is valuable and we thank you in advance for applying for this position. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, only those who are chosen to advance in our interview process will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Kepro and invite you to apply to future openings that may be of interest. Best of luck in your search!
~ The Kepro Talent Acquisition Team
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and occasionally travel within the state.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Kepro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.