Design Director (Creative Studio)At Little Cinema Digital LLC
Little Cinema Digital (LCD) is looking for a Design Director to lead our creative studio design team and immediately make an impact in the digital entertainment industry with our premier partnerships with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, WarnerMedia, and Disney+. LCD is an award-winning creative studio specializing in building immersive physical, digital and hybrid branded experiences while we quietly reengineer the world of cinema and immersive events. What does that mean? It means we get to work on creative briefs that are based on the latest releases for TV and Film. Yes, our product leads the industry in launching globally accessible immersive experiences for movies, series premieres and digital-first theater.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the creative studio design vision, systems and process at Little Cinema, providing the design vision and guidance for underlying design systems and guest-facing features.
In this leadership role you’ll be a key advisor to the executive team, assisting in turning business opportunities into immersive experiences that delight and inspire our customers and clients. You will head a growing creative studio design team, not only mentoring the team members in UI/UX Design, but also helping to nurture Design Thinking and best practices across the entire organization. You will be a key department lead who will partner with other department heads from Technology, Broadcast, and Performance to bring never-been-done before experiences to the world.
- This is a leadership position so you need 5-7+ years experience developing world class design that elevate the role and output of the design team.
- This is a manager role, so you need 3+ years experience managing and mentoring a design team. And/or, have led 5 impressive/large scale digital experience launches.
- You are an entrepreneur, and this is your business to grow. Recruit, retain and lead a diverse and inclusive team of designers in applying design thinking and craft to create and deliver engaging and immersive experiences via the ever-evolving LCD platform.
- You are a uniter. Work collaboratively with teams and department heads to ideate and launch new features, and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of customer needs, market opportunities, business objectives and technical constraints.
- UI/UX Design is your thing. Strong mastery of design best practices, including fully responsive web and new media.
- You are a lifetime learner. You have experience championing continuous iterative creative improvement.
- You can make a business case. You have the ability to assess needs of the market and present a strong case for how to grow the creative studio design team ahead of market opportunities.
- You have honed your craft. You have a strong design portfolio including examples of thoughtfully designed experiences that showcase your user-focused design thinking.
- You know your tools.. Expert proficiency with design and prototyping tools like Figma and Miro and the ability to teach and empower others on your team and in the organization overall.
- Remote work works. You have experience managing and keeping a design team remotely, this a major PLUS.
- Flexible/Remote hours and schedule
- Work From Home + Stipend
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Training & Development