BI Systems SpecialistAt Loadsmart
Latin America Only
Apply for the Job
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
→ Do you believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagining an 800 billion dollar industry?
→ Do you believe that there’s always a better way to solve a problem?
→ Are you an expert in Power BI and has experience in designing and implementing DW models in the tool?
If so, nice to meet you! We are Loadsmart and we have recently created a new BI Systems Specialist opportunity to help us optimize top talent at our growing company (we grew from 150 to 450 in the last 18 months) with a recent Series C of $90M. We are looking for a BI Systems Specialist to partner up with Data Analysts and Data Engineers to conceptualize, design/model and implement the Power BI layer of our data/metrics platform.
LOCATION: Remote from anywhere in Latam
What you get to do:
- Understand business requirements that need to be solved using data (e.g.: metrics, KPIs, entities, relationships, models, etc)
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- Specify the technical requirements for the database layer and the Power BI layer
- Develop the Power BI layer of the solution and/or interface with Data Engineers as appropriate to ensure and follow up on the correctness of the data solution
- Serve as the gatekeeper for Power BI best practices and be the go to person for the most complex focal point problems in Power BI
- Provide support for self-service BI for stakeholders
- Configure BI dashboards and KPIs that assist in obtaining important insights from our data and help internal teams drive key business decisions to improve performance and operate more efficiently
- Perform quality assurance for all data across the company through troubleshooting end user issues
You have experience in:
- In fluently communicating in English and feel comfortable talking to native and non English speakers on a daily basis
- In designing and implementing DW models in Power BI
- In converting business needs into technical specifications
- With Power BI and willingness to become a Power BI specialist using the most updated and data size scalable techniques
- In working with Star-Schema Data Modelling
- Advanced SQL skills
- In working on an ETL AWS/Python environment
- With versioning of PBIX files to optimize development
- With navigating work between Data Analysts and Data Engineers
Preferred but not required:
- Ability to interface directly with stakeholders
- Experience creating user level security in Power BI
- Ability to make right visualization choices
- Ability to develop backend data engineering solutions using SQL and/or Python
- Transform ambiguity into clarity
Your colleagues describe you as:
- You feel comfortable serving as the gatekeeper of our best practices, standards and guidelines
- Someone who is always trying to find better ways to solve problems and thinks outside of the box
- You like working in a hands-on environment and enjoy teamwork.
- Curious about learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You ask questions and are eager to learn more
- Someone who takes ownership of complex problems
- Passionate about developing and who values code quality
- Flexible and open to others' ideas
WORKING AT LOADSMART:
• Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
• Extremely competitive Equity package - our Series C valuation didn’t account for us almost tripling revenue this year so now is the time to get in!
• Signing bonus - because you will work remotely, you will use it as you like: to setup your home office, get a new laptop or buy that amazing coffee machine to make your days happier :)
• Training budget - we will support you on developing your skills
• Unlimited time off
• Wellbeing initiatives
• Lots of engagement activities
• An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 450+ Loadies united by our core value of Teamwork
• Regular recognition, feedback, and transparency across all levels
• Opportunities for you to join our community service initiatives
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.e, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.