Business Development ManagerAt Loom
USA and Canada
Apply for the Job
Loom is on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively, wherever they are. We are already trusted by over 12M users across 200k+ companies. Our customers are global and use Loom at work at world-class companies including Netflix, HubSpot, Atlassian, Juniper Networks, and Twitter.
Founded in 2015, Loom has raised over $200 million from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Coatue, and Andreessen Horowitz.
As a Business Development Manager at Loom, you will be responsible for building out our technology partner ecosystem, with a focus on thoughtfully identifying and onboarding as many partners as possible to the Loom platform.
Reporting to the head of Business Development, you will play a key role in accelerating our technology partnership efforts, from defining and building programs to executing our partnerships strategy. You will have a product-first approach, identifying ways in which our partners can benefit from async video communication inside of their application and working cross-functionally to bring these partnerships to market. Our partnerships ecosystem is central to our mission, and this is an exciting opportunity for someone that wants to make a significant and visible impact at a high-growth company.
* We are currently hiring remotely in the United States and Canada
- Identify, develop, and manage new technology partnerships and partner opportunities, including sourcing deals, cultivating relationships, pitching integration concepts, and leading go-to-market initiatives.
- Drive partner initiatives cross-functionally, working closely with product, product marketing, sales, and engineering.
- Evaluate value of partnerships and engagements in delivering positive ROI.
- Primary point of contact and advocacy internally and externally, coordinating the partner engagements across the various teams.
- Incubate and explore new ideas and contribute to the broader business development team.
What We're Looking For
- 3-5+ years experience in Business Development, Partnerships, Product Marketing, or Product, preferably in SaaS.
- Experience sourcing, developing, and managing partnerships.
- Solid technology product orientation to identify opportunities and work directly with partners to lower the barriers to build.
- Ability to distill and synthesize complex ideas and share out in a clear, structured framework to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Growth mindset, intrinsically motivated, and comfort with ambiguity.
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. If you are in the Bay Area, you can drop by our San Francisco office on 2nd and Market St. when reopens in Fall 2021. We are able to hire across the United States and Canada* and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline once a year between Christmas and New Year (and twice during the Pandemic). Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We're also building local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City in Fall 2021.
Perks at Loom
Competitive compensation and equity package
99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) with 4% company matching
Professional development reimbursement
Mental health and wellness reimbursement
Paid parental leave
Remote work opportunities
Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
Recent Job Postings
- Engineering Productivity, DevOp at Enfabrica (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
- The Ops Authority: Digital Marketing Lead
- Clevertech: Google Ads Manager
- Clevertech: Culture Development Specialist
- Clevertech: Communications Specialist
- Clevertech: Producer
- Sr. Data Engineer at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Fullstack Engineer (Python/Django/React)- #12 of Top-100 Marketplaces at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- Senior Data Scientist at StyleSeat () (allows remote)
- UX Engineer at Pinnacle 21 () (allows remote)