Lead UX ResearcherAt Lovevery
Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents' Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About this role
Lovevery is passionately customer-centric and relies on research and data to create world-class experiences for our customers. We are looking for a Lead UX Researcher to join the User Experience and Creative team. In this role, you will report to the Director of User Research and work closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and marketers to help shape the future of Lovevery's digital experiences.
What you'll do in this role
- Create and execute smart, mixed-methods UX research plans in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Choose the right UX research methodology for the task at hand and be able to articulate why it's the best fit.
- Produce strong evidence and actionable recommendations for how to evolve our digital experiences to support our customers in balance with our business goals.
- Conduct exploratory customer research to identify and prioritize customer needs, pain points, opportunities. Partner closely with product squads to iteratively test and refine product direction from early exploratory thinking to production-ready validation.
- Create working prototypes, field moderated and unmoderated research, interview and observe customers, and analyze and share out research findings.
- Coach and support product managers and designers in conducting their own user research where appropriate.
- Maintain close partnership with data science, web analytics, and CX to contextualize and align your research with insights from other in-house data sources.
- Be a good ambassador for our customers. Represent our customers' point of view in a clear, compelling, and faithful way. Share insights broadly.
The profile we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience of hands-on digital product research.
- Proven research experience and examples of a wide variety of both quantitative and qualitative research methods including at a minimum: exploratory customer research, iterative prototype testing, and evaluative usability testing.
- Demonstrated success at bringing a range of people ‘along for the ride' in the research process, including product managers, designers, developers, marketers, and business stakeholders.
- MA/MS in human factors, design, psychology, social science, market research or related field, or comparable industry experience.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills combined with practical and real-world problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter who makes things happen. You're aware you don't know everything, are willing to learn new things and have an idea/methodology to go about getting things done. You are organized, clear, thorough, and kind.
- A high-level of empathy and understanding by listening to our customers—parents, caregivers, and young children—and ability to share those learnings broadly.
Bonus points if you have
- A passion for early childhood products and learning.
- Research experience in any of the following areas: accessibility, internationalization and localization, e-commerce.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package.
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day).
- Paid maternity or paternity leave.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we're happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- Free/discounted Lovevery products.
- Lovevery is based in Boise, Idaho. This position can be in Boise or remote anywhere in the US.