Senior Product Owner - SaaSAt Matillion
Apply for the Job
Matillion is data transformation for cloud data warehouses. In addition to award-winning, highly rated products, we are proud to have highly rated employee reviews on Glassdoor.
Matillion is dual-headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado and we are expanding teams globally across all functions.
As a company, our core values drive our processes. We have a bias for action, we innovate and demand quality, we work with integrity, we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and our communities. We are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive and passion.
The Senior Product Owner works as part of the Product Management Team to take ownership of new features and manage the end-to-end development process. This will involve working closely with the Product, Design, Engineering and Test Teams.
What you will be doing:
- Take a high level requirement and work with the Product Design team to define the details.
- Document detailed user stories for the Engineering Team.
- Participate in the evaluation of new technologies and opportunities for integration in our platform.
Take Ownership of Product Features through Development Cycle
- Contribute to the development of the product roadmap by owning and driving meaningful initiatives through the software development lifecycle.
- Lead scrum meetings including Sprint Planning, standups, retrospectives, and demos.
- Make product decisions based on evidence that provides a clear rationale why features should, and should not, be prioritised.
- Understand the key technology and architectural capabilities and constraints of our platforms to facilitate decision-making.
Contribute to Marketing Collateral on Product Features
- Provide relevant information to the Product Marketing team for upcoming new features for implementations and release notes.
- Demonstrate the latest iterations to internal stakeholders and gather feedback.
- Write blogs and videos highlighting new functionality with real life use cases for customers and prospects.
What you will be able to demonstrate
- Familiar with modern cloud technologies, at least one of AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Familiar working in SaaS based product management
- Familiar with Agile development approach
- Detailed - an eye for detail is essential, this is primarily a technical role and you will be required to understand the minutiae of SQL, API calls, 3rd party technical documentation and so on
- Customer Oriented - this role is to act as the customer advocate for the product feature
- Able to Multitask
What personal capabilities you may have
- Diligent - Giving constant attention to all projects without losing track or forgetting any of them
- Time Management - You will often be running multiple R&D projects in parallel with different teams of engineers
- Inquisitive - When a new feature is mentioned you will need to determine what it is, how it could be useful to our customers and learn the intricate details.
- Self-motivated - Faced with competing priorities and a backlog of work created by others you’ll be motivated to keep on top of it all
- Team Leading - Many R&D projects will require working with engineers who will be looking for guidance and help to keep the project moving
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days holiday that increases to 30 after 12 months service + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Career development with monthly hackdays and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.