Embedded Software Engineer at METECS (Houston, TX)At METECS
This position will develop, integrate, and test embedded flight software. Products will include custom software for commercial and civil aerospace applications with a focus on
flight software for crewed and uncrewed satellites and vehicles.
- Demonstrated proficiency developing embedded software applications in the C language
- Demonstrated proficiency developing software applications in the C++
- Demonstrated proficiency debugging and trouble-shooting embedded software.
- Demonstrated experience developing embedded software using interrupts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be comfortable working in an agile small-team environment.
- Must be able to work on ITAR or export-controlled products.
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Engineering
- Applicable agile team leadership based on experience level.
- Experience working in a modern software environment including use of
continuous integration, devops, and unit testing.
- Experience integrating sensors and actuators using I2C, SPI, and UART
- Experience with common benchtop tools (e.g., multitesters, power supplies, line probes, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers).
- Demonstrated experience developing multi-threaded applications,
addressing race conditions, and addressing deadlocks.
Citizenship or lawful permanent resident required due to federal position.
About METECS -
We are a small high-performance team providing advanced engineering, software and analysis solutions for human space flight space and terrestrial applications. We develop and integrate software for NASA and other government and commercial customers utilizing a wide variety of custom, commercial, and open-source technologies. Our specialties include robotics controls & analysis software, spacecraft and commercial equipment dynamics simulations, immersive computer graphics, XR systems and web-based automation tools. Active and recent projects include algorithm development for NASA's Robonaut and Valkyrie robots, autonomous UAV control, RFID-Enabled Logistics Management for the International Space Station, the NASA Miniature Exercise Device (MED-2), spacecraft wireless Developmental Flight Instrumentation (DFI), the Orion Spacecraft Ascent Abort 2 mission, NASA s Exploration System Simulation (NExSyS), and NASA s Training Systems for the 21st Century initiative.
Perks: Flex hours, casual dress, get to make history.
METECS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.