Product ManagerAt Mission Lane
Mission Lane LLC is a fintech on a mission (no pun intended) to increase access to financial tools that help people thrive. We are raising the bar on fair credit access, easy money management, and convenient income discovery. Our philosophy is simple: when our customers do well, we do well. And we have only just begun.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role:
Mission Lane is seeking a Product Manager to join our geographically diverse team. We're looking for you to bring novel, highly engaging experiences to life for our customers through creative and non-conventional thinking. In this role, you will be part of a team who has deep commitment to continuous discovery, testing, and learning into what matters most. You will work closely with key stakeholders, product and engineering to understand priorities, universal capability needs, and competitive advantages. You will be responsible for high quality execution against the product roadmap. If you want to make a lasting impact, this role is for you.
As the Product Manager, you will:
- Be a thought leader for the company -- and outside the company --- innovating and driving exceptional experiences for our customers
- Be a critical part of the Product team, leading and building out the strategy and roadmap against a key focus area
- Be creative and driven to achieve results through ‘outside the box’ thinking
- Drive results focused on quality customer experience, the growth of our business, operational efficiency and risk mitigation.
- Work closely with stakeholders to deliver in a high quality & high impact manner.
- Be passionate about delivering fair and clear credit to our customers
- Be flexible enough to take on projects crossing job definition lines (we're a startup, so you will wear more than just a PM hat)
To set you up for success in this role from day one, Mission Lane is looking for candidates who have:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience, managing technical software products from ideation to rollout and continuous optimization
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products to market at rapid speed
- Persistence and creative ‘get it done’ approach to ensure successful outcomes for your product, our customers, our employees, and our company
- Excellent communication skills to lead and inspire teams
- A structured problem-solving approach to help a team work through a wide range of issues
- Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and engineering challenges
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
You get bonus points for:
- Previous experience driving outcomes in the fintech space
- Technical experience or knowledge
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, we’ve rapidly grown to over 1 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn’t have access to a clear line of credit. And by “clear” we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn’t do.
We understand that everyone doesn’t have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isn’t done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it - life happens. That’s why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.