Senior UX DesignerAt Moodle
Moodle with us!
Moodle is the world’s most trusted online learning solution. The engine of our ecosystem is Moodle LMS, the secure and customisable open source learning management platform used by over 250 million learners worldwide. We are looking for an inspiring Senior UX Designer to join our team and help shape the platform! Define the future of education!
Developed together with our community, Moodle LMS is the foundation of an ecosystem of products and a network of partners and services providing hosting, customisations and support. Collectively, we empower educators to improve our world.
What your new job will look like
You will be responsible for helping us craft a fantastic user experience for Moodle LMS. This role will mentor and guide our other UX Designers, and lead UX research, discovery workshops, design direction of prototypes, and user testing. You will be an integral part of the product team and work closely with team leads, analysts, developers and other UX designers. This is a key role that will help define Moodle's UX.
Most days will involve a mix of:
- Collaborating with the Head of LMS on the development and execution of a UX roadmap for Moodle LMS
- Working closely with other UX designers and the product team on new features and UX improvements
- Designing innovative solutions, communicating the rationale behind design decisions, and generating buy-in from team members, community, and other stakeholders.
- Improving the usability of Moodle by incorporating experimental and observational research methods as input into discovery workshops, to guide new designs, and as part of user testing.
We'd love to meet you!
Is this you? Then apply!
- Strong experience in a senior and/or lead UX Designer role as part of a large product
- Experience overseeing, guiding and mentoring other UX Designers
- Direct experience working at a software product company as a member of agile teams, building, iterating and improving great software products
- Understanding of design systems, as well as experience leveraging and contributing to design systems, with a deep knowledge of current UX design trends across both web and mobile platforms
- Passion for working directly with product managers and developers, drawing on expertise to collectively create terrific user experiences
- Proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Invision, Sketch, etc.)
What's in it for you?
Join a passionate team of hard-working and driven people from all over the world, united by a shared belief in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference to our world. We respect our colleagues and value an open and innovative workplace, filled with integrity and of course a strong focus on education (yes, these are our company values!)
Find out more about us on our website.
You will get to enjoy:
- Improving the user experience of a global platform
- Working from anywhere in this fully remote role with lots of flexibility
- Joining us as we progress through the next exciting phase of growth
Does all this sound good? If yes…
Click on the following link to apply
Add your resume and anything else you'd like to add…
Moodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Moodle is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Moodle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Moodle will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Moodle encourages applicants of all ages.