Product Technical WriterAt Motiion
A great technology platform needs great technical documentation!
As a passionate technical writer, you know how important great content is, not only as a source of knowledge for existing customers, but as a way to showcase technology to new and prospective customers. For a platform like Crisp, technical documentation is an important part of our product offering.
Crisp has existing roles focused on content creation, but as our first dedicated Product Technical Writer, you have the opportunity to design documentation structure and strategy from scratch (with help, of course). In addition to owning all of the core product documentation, you might enjoy assisting the Marketing team’s content writers on an eBook or turn notes from software engineers into interesting tutorials.
Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators wherever they live and work, we leverage diverse experiences and backgrounds to understand the challenges facing our food supply and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow your community.
We believe in transparency, diversity, and merit and foster a culture of empowerment, personal impact, and career growth.
Signs of a great candidate for Crisp
- Collaborative: You know that your colleagues’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together. You propose ways for us to be more valuable to our customers.
- Customer focused: Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers’ voices to ensure their needs are met.
- Ambitious, curious, and resourceful: You are innately curious, and you aren’t afraid to work hard. You are self driven and able to find results on your own, but you also take direction well. You are driven to succeed because hard work and results make you proud.
- Disciplined and reliable: You enjoy the benefits of working remotely while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback: You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder: You often identify a problem, create a solution, and bring it to a state of completion -- with others, or even on your own. You find ways to eliminate or automate stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful.
Signs of a great candidate for a Product Technical Writer
- Self motivated and resourceful: You enjoy the opportunity to deliver on high-level goals and get in the driver’s seat yourself. Product Managers, Developers, Data Scientists and other team members will happily assist building a world-class product with world class documentation. You set the bar and keep pushing it up.
- User experience mindset: Documentation is part of the platform and you understand that language, structure, and visual presentation all matter to the user.
- Deep technical understanding: You need to understand our technology in order to communicate complex technical topics in simple terms.
We are building a team of people with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively enable our customers to be successful. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!