Content Director & StrategistAt Moxie Lash
MoxieLash® is a leader in the ecommerce lash space, with an 8 figure yearly digital advertising spend. We are the company that brought the Magnetic Eyelashes & Eyeliner to the world (2018) and created the all new Lashies by MoxieLash (2020), a no magnet, no glue lash solution that comes with a clear bonding eyeliner. We are a fully remote, cloud based organization with a team of over 50 individuals. Our team is smart, fast, agile, self-accountable, and collaborative. We are growing into a much bigger beauty brand, with multiple innovative product categories.
The Content Director & Strategist provides influence and oversight over the execution of all content and content strategies. This is a senior executive role reporting to the CEO.
Who You Are
You're a creative leader who knows how to strategize, oversee, and lead our in-house content creation activities from ideation to execution. You will:
Oversee our Content Management System so that al our content assets are well-organized, searchable, easy to access, and fit our brand identity.
Collaborate with and support content leads in various functions (performance marketing, brand marketing, product management etc.) to drive faster and better results with content.
Set content creation, sourcing, and publication strategy. Lead full cycle development of innovative and on-brand content assets across ecommerce platforms, social media, advertisements, promotions and campaigns. Ensure brand cohesion and superior user experience.
Manage and lead the in-house content team consisting of copywriters, content creators, and editors. Coach, mentor and develop the content team. Drive conversion driven results.
Write briefs, commission and study competitive analysis; implement approved recommendations.
Review ads library daily and make content requests. Liaison with internal teams, influencers and external agencies, as required, for best-in-class, branded content. Optimize ROI.
Establish industry standard processes in the content department. Ensure adherence.
Identify improvement areas. Provide periodic reports on relevant metrics to the executive team.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- 8-10 years of experience in development and execution of integrated and innovative content campaigns in the Digital Marketing and/or eCommerce marketplace, ideally in cosmetic goods or consumer industry. At least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrable experience in driving ad strategy. Strategic vision with deep knowledge of latest trends and developments in the digital content space.
- Strong background in content management, digital advertisements, and social media.
- Experience running creative content teams across various digital marketing channels.
- Up to date on creative content trends, visual language best practices and various design styles. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator etc. Basic understanding of digital marketing channels, tactics & strategies (SEO, PPC, Display).
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills. High motivation and ethical standards.
- Strategic and creative thinking; outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with and influence executive positions. Result driven attitude.
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Marketing and Communications or comparable field. May be offset by outstanding experience in relevant field and/or role.
- MBA degree is a preferred.
- Previous experience in either consumer goods or cosmetic & beauty industry preferred.
- Previous leadership roles in Digital Marketing and/ or eCommerce majors an advantage.
BONUS IF YOU…
- Love a close-knit family feel.
- Are passionate and excited about the beauty industry.
- Like to have a laugh and have fun!
- Enjoy reading books and learning.
- Thrive in a fast-moving, agile, and dynamic work environment.
- Turn your video ON during zoom meetings so we can see you!