Senior Ruby on Rails EngineerAt Nebulab
We are Nebulab, the full-service eCommerce agency behind some of the world’s most disruptive digital brands.
We specialize in building bespoke eCommerce experiences for international clients across a wide array of verticals, and we lead the development of Solidus, the open-source eCommerce platform for industry trailblazers.
We’re a growing team of strategists, designers and engineers with a remote-first culture based on continuous learning, transparency and collaboration. We are bold, detail-oriented and we pursue excellence in everything we do.
Through our work, we are raising the bar for what eCommerce looks like.
We are looking for Ruby on Rails developers to join our distributed team and work on challenging international projects, both open-source and proprietary.
What you'll do
You will design, build and maintain solid Ruby on Rails applications with excellent test coverage. Most of these will be disruptive eCommerce applications built with Solidus.
Your won't just write code, you will take part in every step of the process: from going over requirements with your team to discussing business goals with project stakeholders. We love friendly, open-minded people that want to make a difference.
We value knowledge sharing and collaboration above everything else: you will always have a chance to propose your ideas and solutions. We're inspired by open-source values and part of your work will be writing open-source code to make the world a better place.
About the hiring process
A complete overview of our hiring process is in the Hiring chapter of our playbook. Check it out!
Qualified candidates are passionate about building high-quality, well-tested Ruby on Rails code. They should be able to communicate with both their teammates and clients in a clear, productive and friendly way. We value people that are inclusive, community-driven and want to learn new things and share knowledge.
- Competitive salary. It's never about the money, until it is. We compensate people fairly and transparently, so that salary is never an issue.
- Remote-first culture. We've been a distributed company since day one. Every process is obsessively designed for effective remote work and collaboration.
- Mentoring. Everyone is assigned a mentor — a teammate who ensures you're always growing both personally and professionally.
- Awesome colleagues. You should look forward to being at work. You’ll be surrounded by people who are great at what they do and fun to be around.
- Investment time. You can use up to 10% of your regular work hours for whatever you want, so you'll have no excuses for not starting that side project.
- Flexible work hours. As long as you’re doing great work and enjoying it, we don’t really care if it’s a standard 9-to-5 or a more exotic schedule.
- Paid conferences. Want to attend that conference? Let us know and we’ll happily pay for the trip, the hotel and the tickets.
- Team retreats. When pandemics allow it, we meet up once a year to spend some quality time together, reflect on our journey and have some fun.
- Learning stipend. If you need to buy books, courses, workshops or anything else that will contribute to your growth, let us know and we might be able to help!
- Paid hardware and software. You get best-of-class hardware and whatever software you need to get the job done.