Cloud AdvisorAt Nordcloud Germany
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud strategy & transformation, implementation, application development, managed services and training, leading client transformations towards public cloud end to end. It's a recognised cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record helping organisations leverage public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings and sustainable value. Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner's Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 500 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates.
When you join Nordcloud you become part of a rapidly growing organization, where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company, which knows no limits. Our customers are well known enterprises, that are seeking to be a part of #TheCloudRevolution and benefit from ability to innovate faster than ever.
To enable that growth, we're looking for a Cloud Advisor to join our world-class strategy consulting team and help our customers gain the maximum benefits of the cloud.
In your role you will make a significant contribution to the success of the Nordcloud business in Switzerland by supporting customers as trusted Advisor, consulting clients on Cloud Strategy, Journey to Cloud Transformation and the technical and organizational change (e.g., Target Operating Model) required to fully leverage Public Cloud benefits.
Your role will be a key driver in the following areas:
- Establishing trust and become an advisor to CxOs in the customer organization
- Helping the customer to create the cloud/application strategy and roadmap (which cloud, cloud vs on-prem, organizational changes required)
- Building technology roadmaps for the customer organization
- Building high-level target architectures for our customers
- Evangelizing cloud operating model and act as an IT agility change agent
- Supporting CDO / digital initiatives to enable fast application development
- Supporting the creation of compliance and security approach for cloud
- Providing an impartial assessment of cloud tech vendor proposals
- Advising on the procurement process, and considerations for new consumption methods (for example contracting, OPEX vs CAPEX, FinOps)
- Creating strategic plans with Delivery (Project & Programme) Managers, sales colleagues, and senior customer stakeholders to build out the delivery roadmap
What do you need to be successful on this role:
- You have prior experience with management consulting or global advisory firms
- You are extremely structured and always aspire high quality management recommendation deliverables
- Strong commercial acumen, able to understand business challenges and build business case
- You have a general understanding about public cloud technology, new delivery models (e.g., DevOps) and organisation restructuring (impacts of new normal)
- You have high-level architecture know-how for at least one hyperscaler (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Track record in influencing high-level decision makers and leading consulting engagements around Journey to Cloud topics
- Widely-read and up to date awareness of industry trends and technology advancements
- Local knowledge of law, legislation, regulations and industry/domain-specific knowledge is a bonus (eg. finance, retail, manufacturing, or a blend)
- Fluent in German & English
- A lot of opportunities to develop your expertise, while working together with our leading European Cloud Professionals. We have 200+ certified AWS experts, 100+ certified Azure experts and 70+ certified Google Cloud experts working from 19 different offices in 10 European countries
- Brilliant and friendly colleagues comprising 30+ nationalities from all over the world
- We're continuously developing our business – that means, we're not stuck with the attitude of doing things as they've always been done
- A chance to work with a variety of high-profile customers from across industries
- Work when you're the most productive. You get up early or can't work before your 3rd coffee? We offer flexible working hours. As long as the customer is happy, your colleagues are happy and you are happy - we are happy as well!
- Events & fun – beside all your interesting work assignments, feel free to enjoy our extra-curricular activities s
- We grow together! There's a possibility to gather valued certificates and participate in world class courses and trainings and become a Multi-Cloud-Expert!!!– choose from various courses to ensure continuous learning with a personal training budget
Working at Nordcloud is not just the next best job – it's the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the IT industry!