Senior Digital Advertising StrategistAt Northern
Northern is North America's leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
As a Google Premier Partner and Facebook Marketing Partner, Northern is positioned as a leader in the performance advertising industry. Our campaigns with leading brands in North America, have been recognized as best in class through the Google Premier Partner Awards, Search Engine Land Awards and the Canadian Search Awards.
We are looking for a Senior Digital Advertising Strategist to join our growing team and lead strategy development and execution on key accounts.
The Senior Digital Advertising Strategist is responsible for leading account strategy, executing campaigns, and delivering high performing campaigns that hit KPI's and performance goals. The incumbent will strategize, develop, analyze, and provide recommendations on paid advertising campaigns across a variety of platforms such as Google Shopping, Paid Search, Facebook/Instagram Ads, YouTube, and more.
Full time remote is available nationally (Canada only). For those close to our office in London, ON we have flexible office hours based on training and collaboration needs.
- Lead Paid Advertising campaign strategy and execution to drive impactful business results
- Guide strategic development and approach to technical implementation and management of advertising campaigns
- Collaborate with Project Managers and clients to create benchmarks, performance goals and KPI's
- Act as the subject matter expert for accounts, communicating performance with Project Managers and Clients
- Attend client calls to review results, manage expectations, deliver recommendations and build relationships
- Delegate tasks and work with Paid Advertising Coordinators and Specialists to execute on campaign initiatives that move the needle
- Mentor team members, providing feedback and platform specific best practices to achieve campaign results
- Act as Quality Control on campaign set ups, execution and optimization
- Accountable for performance results and hitting expected KPI's
- Creative problem solving across a variety of areas such as technical, performance, business objectives
- Analyze data to present strategic recommendations
- Provide clients with valuable business insights based on campaign results via effective reports and presentations
- Effectively communicate with Paid Media Department Leaders on account performance and process improvement
- Assist with audits for new clients and support sales team as needed
- Assist with identifying new and improving existing internal control systems and processes to meet delivery targets
- Stay in the know of latest trends for digital advertising and e-Commerce tactics, sharing with the greater team and applying new tactics to accounts
- 5-7+ years working in Paid Advertising / Digital Marketing
- A College diploma, University degree, or relevant job-related experience. We welcome highly experienced, self-taught, and self-motivated learners who express a strong passion for digital advertising.
- Experience mentoring junior team members and providing task direction / feedback
- Demonstrative track record executing campaigns for results
- Comfortable with client communication and leading strategy conversations
- Experience developing multi-channel advertising strategies
- Hands on experience managing campaigns in Facebook / Google
- Knowledge of SEM/PPC/CPM trends
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative thinker and collaborative team player
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Shopify an asset, but not required
- Knowledge of data feeds and campaign tagging an asset, but not required
- Access to reliable internet and comfortable/efficient workspace
- Comfortable working remotely
- Comfortable on frequent video conference (daily)
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we're looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that's why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.