Agent Relationship SpecialistAt Openly
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here's why:
- It's working. We're now in ten states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We're well-backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We're backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google's “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It's not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we're still early enough in the journey that there's time to make a real difference during Openly's formative period.
If you'd like to understand more about Openly's mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It's outdated (before the initial product launch) but still telegraphs the journey we're on.
Openly is looking for an Agent Relationship Specialist as Openly expands its Agent Experience team. This role will play a critical role in ensuring both customers and agency partners remain highly engaged Openly supporters. We are rethinking the customer experience and are looking for someone who wants to be at the forefront of this change! This role's ideal candidate will be energized and excited about working as part of an insurtech startup company. This candidate will also really enjoy problem-solving and working with various internal teams while putting themselves in someone else's shoes during challenging situations. Opportunities to join a group like this don't come up often, so if this sounds right up your alley, then keep reading and join our ever-growing team!
The Agent Relationship Specialist provides exceptional service via phone, email, and chat to our Agents and Policyholders.
- Ensure agents continue to view Openly as a best-in-class homeowner insurance provider by addressing business questions timely, accurately, and with empathy
- Assist with solving, identifying, or escalating underwriting and technology questions
- Gain a deep understanding of Openly's product offerings and have the ability to educate customers when contacted
- Problem solves and addresses complex, nuanced customer scenarios
- Accurately process policy endorsement and customer requests
- Represent the customer when identifying internal process improvement opportunities to the rest of the Openly team
- Enhance the customer and agent experience by ensuring billing accuracy and execution regularly
- Partner with the Product team to complete home inspection reviews and schedule item appraisal reviews to ensure coverage accuracy
- Partner with the sales team to identify new potential agencies that could partner with Openly and initiate appointment discussions
- Support the sales team with the agent appointment process (as needed)
- Partner with the marketing team to improve agency penetration with marketing support
- 2+ years of experience in a customer success or customer support capacity, call center, or agency experience is a bonus
- Has an insurance background in either an independent or exclusive agency setting, and Is licensed in one's domiciled state as a personal lines producer.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent phone skills and listening skills. Extra points for Spanish language skills.
- Be adept and effective at communicating with agents across all communication mediums. Openly offers web chat, email, and phone.
- A high degree of technical proficiency with online tools and systems; familiarity with Google Suite, Talkdesk, and Zendesk is a plus.
- Self-starter mentality with strong time-management skills
- Extraordinary problem-solving abilities, intellectual curiosity, and a genuine interest in learning new processes and working with new tools in a fast-paced startup
- Ability to work either 8:30 am – 5:00 pm or 11:00 - 8:00 EST
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, and equity position in a start-up company
- Generous medical, dental, vision insurance plans, 401k corporate contribution, and FSA benefits
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- A “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Paid Time Off
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, fast-growing insurtech firm.
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.